C20 and SX20 Camera Cable

Answered Question
Dec 7th, 2012

Hello,

Can i use the same cable from C20 Camera on the SX20 Camera?

Regards

Leonardo Santana           

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by awamsley about 1 year 4 months ago

Hey Leonardo,

Yes the hdmi cable for the TV/Monitors are the same for each codec. The SX20 supports the Visca protocol which is why the camera cable is different. I however have connected a regular HDMI cable between the camera and codec without any issues as far as I can see, but always keep in mind to follow the guides and use the recommended cables.

Adam

Correct Answer by rszereme about 1 year 4 months ago

Hello Leonardo

SX 20 and C series use different connections for the cameras, so that is not possible using supplied cable.

Please check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/camera/precisionhd/user_guide/precisionhd_1080p-720p_camera_user_guide.pdf

Thank you

Rafal

Average Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
leonardotadeu Sat, 12/08/2012 - 19:31

Ok Thanks

And the hdmi cable that connects on tv is the same for C20 and SX20 correct?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Correct Answer
awamsley Sat, 12/08/2012 - 19:53

Hey Leonardo,

Yes the hdmi cable for the TV/Monitors are the same for each codec. The SX20 supports the Visca protocol which is why the camera cable is different. I however have connected a regular HDMI cable between the camera and codec without any issues as far as I can see, but always keep in mind to follow the guides and use the recommended cables.

Adam

leonardotadeu Sun, 12/09/2012 - 06:56

Thanks Adam    

I ll follow the Cisco recomendations.

Regards

Leonardo Santana

pladaaadetal Wed, 12/18/2013 - 11:12

Sound Control Technologies (SCT) has a kit specifically designed for  the  SX20 allowing up to 300' of dual CAT5e or CAT6 between camera and   codec.  The kit is inclusve of the Unity connector cables for the SX20   codec and 4XS2 and 2.5x camera.  If you are using a 12x camera just let   them know and they will insure you receive the proper cable set.  The   camera is powered via the codec head-end module, so no need to deploy a   power supply (and 120V) at the camera location.  Also, the kit supports   the Visca control loop at the head-end, so no need to run a cable   between cameras.  Of course the SX20 only supports one camera, so unless   you are integrating a control system and HDMI switcher, multiple   cameras on a single codec applies to C40, C60 and C90 only, which SCT   also has kits for.

www.soundcontrol.net, select RC3 on the left.  This covers the RC3 (up to 130 feet) and the RC3X (up to 300') solutions.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted December 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Stats:
Replies:5 Avg. Rating:5
Views:1204 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: cable, camera, c20, sx20
+

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard