cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to connect SPA122 to wireless router

AikiFrowie
Level 1
Level 1

I apologize if this is in the wrong place as it is a decidedly newbie question but I can't find an answer anywhere here. I am trying to connect my SPA122 ATA to my new TP-Link TL-WDR3600 wireless router. This setup worked with my old router (NetGear WGR614) but I cannot seem to get it to work with the new router. I am connected to the Internet through a Huawei MT130U cable modem with nominal 28MBS bandwidth. I have been told that the throughput of the router in the SPA122 would restrict that so I had connected it to my old WLAN router in the DMZ. This worked fine before but not with new router.

TP-Link TLWDR3600 N600 Dual Band Gigabit Router. DHCP range: 192.168.0.100-199 and I reserved 192.168.0.150 for the MAC address of the SPA122. I set 192.168.0.150 as the DMZ host IP and enabled it.

SPA122: I set the Networking Service to Bridge. I have tried using both Automatic DHCP and Static IP. Neither seem to work.

Static IP address: 192.168.0.150  Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0  Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1 (discovered by IPCONFIG)

Any help or assistance would be most gratefully received. Thank you.

Fraser

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "small business - routers". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

AikiFrowie
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for the misplaced post and delayed move. I just had surgery and will be discharged tomorrow. Thank you for the direction to the appropriate forum Paolo.

My router and Internet (cable modem) are working but my VOIP (SPA122) is not. I have heard that there is a firmware memory leak in the SPA122 and wonder if this is contributing to the problem. I have rebooted the SPA122 (as well as the router and modem) repeatedly to no avail.

The SPA did work (with intermittent problems) with my old NetGear WGR614 modem but does not with my new TP-Link TL-WDR3600. I have not tried it since being admitted for surgery Sunday and will try again when I return tomorrow (Wednesday).

I would be very grateful for any help or assistance.

Thanks, Fraser

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: