Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IM and Presence Service

They say "starting Unified Communications Release 9.0, Cisco Unified Presence is now integrated within Cisco Unified Communications as the IM and Presence Service and provided as part of the core Cisco Unified Communications ordering".

Does this mean we don't have to do any IM/Presence ordering anymore i.e the fuctionality is enabled by default when you get your Jabber enhanced UCL for call control??

Thanks in advance!  

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure about ordering, but you still need to install your IM&P server and integrate with CUCM.

What changed, is that most of the config is now done in the CUCM side of the house.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Can somebody please assist with ordering information. Am configuring a Cisco Unified Communications 9.X Solution for which Cisco Jabber for Windows will be used as the primary phone. It should run voice, video, instant messaging and presence. Problem is I haven't been able to find ordering information for the IM and presence.

Thanks in advance!

If you only need the single soft client you certainly can use the 9.0 UCL License model, which allows you to operate it as an ENHANCED user license.   Remember to buy UCXN as well for voice mail (remember UCL is a la carte).  The good news is in 9.0 you dont have to buy CUPS license as it is included in Jabber for Everyone.

I think your find everything you need for CUCM and IM&P under this top level part number for 9.0, if you want UCL.

R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: