cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA25G2 - Does not connect remotely.

Mark
Level 1
Level 1

I down loaded SPA525_Remote_SSL_VPN_with_CCA_TEL_19_sdistef1 pdf and followed instructions to set up our SPA525G2 to connect remotely. However, as I ran through the instructions, the phone didn't reboot as I expected and it didn't atomatically pull in the VPN information. After manually configuring the phone and taking it to a remote location, it connected briefly and then locked up. Since then, it never connets via VPN.   

3 Replies 3

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mark,

When you were configuring your SPA525G2, was it directly connected to the UC on the LAN side or was the phone off site at the time? If the phone is off site the VPN wizard in CCA will not work however, you can still configure the phone to use the SSL VPN by manually entering the information into the phone.

Thanks,

Jason Nickle

Thanks for the feedback Jason! Yes, I was connected directly to the UC540. I ended up calling Cisco and found that the phone load was not on the system. When I upgraded the UC540's firmware I didn't put all the phone models back in.

After putting this on, I still had issues. However, the last change I made was to my SSL VPN. I changed the start and stop addressing from 10.1.1.x to 192.168.20.xx.

After that, the next time I plugged the phone up, it connected remotely and worked like expected.

What's odd is over the weekend, it fell off again and now won't connect...

Thanks again for your response!

I ended up calling Cisco on this and the phone turned out to be an RC version which doesn't like to do SIP.

The current phone (CBT15370DWM) is an SPA525G2-RC

The Eng caught it based on the serial. The phone had no RC markings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: