Views
Helpful
Replies

[AnyConnect] MSI installation failed on Windows 7

Patrick Tran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I tried to install AnyConnect on Windows 7.

I used anyconnect msi.

I got this error:

"Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.  Action VACon_Install, location: C:\Program Files\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\VACon.exe, command: -install "C:\Program Files\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\vpnva.inf" VPNVA"

I tried Cisco FAQ solution but it doesn't work : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps8411/products_qanda_item09186a00809aec31.shtml#errmsgs

I found the cause of the error in C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log

I got this error: "NdisCoinst: NcipAllocateNetLuidIndex failed with error 0x5aa"

The entire log is attached to this discussion.

How can I fix it?

Thanks for your help,

Patrick

116 Replies 116

Patrick Tran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This problem is solved

A third party firewall product has installed more than 1024 ghost network interfaces. (due to a driver leak on Windows). Those interfaces could only be seen into registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network.

1024 network interfaces is the limit for Windows so AnyConnect could not install its network interface.

Microsoft sent me a fix which could clean the registry from those ghost interfaces.

HTH,

Patrick

Patrick, I am having the same error. Plase send me the fix to rollin.sopher@oracle.com. Thanks

Hi Patrick.  Same issue here can you please send me the fix to lovettd1@yahoo.com Thanks

Hi Patrick.  

Same issue here can you please send me the fix to rajivkmishra@live.com

Thanks

I got the same issue, can you please send me the fix too felipe.ruescas@gmail.com

did you get the fix?can you send it to me too? alexandreborim@hotmail.com

Hi Patrick.  

Same issue here can you please send me the fix to ADemyanchuk@gmail.com

Thanks

Hi Patrick.  Same issue here can you please send me the fix to newtonh77@yahoo.com

Thanks.

I am facing the same issue. Can anyone on the group send me the fix. My email id is ronmozart@live.com

Same Prob. No Sol.

Please send me the fix 

ID is saisree333.mc@gmail.com

PLS REPLY SOON

{important}

Colud You please send me the fix on : oabdullah@informatique-eg.com

I have the same issue, please send me the fix, shahriasat@gmail.com,   Thanks!

Hi Patrick

Please can you send me this fix to johnpaulhenning@googlemail.com?

Kind regards

John-Paul

Hi Patrick,

Can you Please send me the fix to jaganmohen@rediffmail.com

or

jagan.vundela@pearson.com

Regards

Jegan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: