cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 auto-registration issues

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I cannot get phones to auto-register.  Here is my setup.

I have the a number range set up on the Publisher (and auto-reg disabled is UNchecked)

I have a CM Group called Default (only used for auto-reg) that has only the Pub in it and "auto-reg CUCM group checked)

I have a Device Pool just for auto-reg that is the only Device Pool with the Default CM Group and a CSS for auto-reg.

Did I miss something?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Couple of things to check:

• Which DP is referenced under device defaults for the phone type you are using
  • Is CUCM service running on the Pub

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kyle,

That sounds about right. At what point are the phones getting stuck in the registration process? Are you able to manually register one of them? If yes, that tells you that there is nothing wrong with the connectivity / ports for the phones to try and talk to the TFTP and then register to the UCM node. What phone models are you trying to register? Are these phones on the same LAN or are they remote? Do you have any phones registered at this time on this cluster? I'm assuming all necessary services are up and licensing is taken care of.

Regards,

Harmit.

It's odd but I moved the Sub into the CM Group and then switched the auto-reg numbers from the Pub to the Sub and now it works.  Makes no sense whatsoever. 

Couple of things to check:

• Which DP is referenced under device defaults for the phone type you are using
  • Is CUCM service running on the Pub

Chris

Chris,

The Device Pool in device defaults is wrong.  At some point someone switched it from Default to something else. 

Thanks,

Kyle

Even i am facing the same issue with auto registration of the phones.

registartion rejected with security error.

*Tested after resetting

*Tested after CTL/ITL file removing.

*factory resetting etc.

We are able to register the phone otherwise.

3 CUCM groups in which only one is having the auto registration enabled.

the phone is registering normally to the DP which is having the call manager group without the auto regisration.

Need to check wheather the CUCM is having TFTP enabled in it .

Only we have 3 nodes PUB and 2 SUB.

Any suggestion.

Regards,

Shinaj cm

You need to ensure that the cucm server that has auto registration enabled is the primary CUCM in the CUCM group. It has to be the first CUCM server in the group.

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Kyle,

Again, I'm assuming you have TFTP and CCM services enabled on the Pub. Can you validate? Is the Pub your TFTP server? Take a step by step approach for the phone bootup sequence and it will help narrow things down.

Regards,

Harmit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: