Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting many Brocade switches to Nexus 5548UP

Hello,

I have a SAN network composed of few separate PODs. Each POD is divided into SAN-A and SAN-B. Most of those PODs are Brocade switches (FOS 6.1). There are also few Nexus 5520s. Now, we have built new core infrastructure with Nexus 5548UPs and many MDS 9148s. We would like to move all servers and sotrage from old Brocades to the new SAN. As we cannot move all devices at the same time, all segments must be connected to the core for some time. Each POD has different zoning. Some zonings on Brocade switches are based on PWWN, some on Domain ID and Port ID. In my opinion, the only way of successfuly connecting all PODs together is to merge zones manualy (in excel, etc). and paste them on all switches. However, maybe there is some other way of merging all zones? What if I leave Nexus 5548UP in native mode (so zones from Brocade will not get merged), and only implement that manually merged zoneset on Nexus 5548UP? Will the ISL links get isolated due to zoning merge failure? Or they will maintain operational state even if zones are different on each POD? I do not have any lab boxes, so I cannot test it. Any advidse will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Krzyszof

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: