cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding Issue in CUCM 8.6.x

jilfersalam
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue, when  triying to call forward dummy extension to PSTN. Even though i have the correct DID numbers as Mask, the callforward do not show the Correct caller ID, once it reaches PSTN

The DID is in the range of 8000-8999 (1000 ext)

The dummy numbers are in any 3 digit number for example say 500, Were i have put as mask say 44448100 (were 8100 is in the DID)

So when call is forwarded the call ID displayed in PSTN phone is 44448500 instead of the 44448100. It shows the the correct caller ID which is the mask (44448100) if the PSTN number is dialed directly. So the issue is only for call forward. I have used the same CSS, and same route pattern, route list and gateways to test both calls.

I have checked tick mark to show mask in the route pattern and selected Last Redirect External in the gateways.

The CUCM version is 8.6.2, The voice gateway is MGCP

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Run debugs in the GW to see what you're sending in the setup request, if you send the right info but the called party gets something else, call telco.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

jkurtz
Level 1
Level 1

To echo what Jaime said, you may check with the carrier to see if it is forcing it to 44448500 on the circuit itself.  Often the carrier dictates calling number/caller id advertised based on the DID range settings when purchased.  Also, they could be out and out rejecting it since it is redirected.  The recommended gateway debugs would be a good start to see the difference in negotiation between a straight call and the redirected one.

I have already done the debug. The call reaches gateway on 3 digits, ie 500 . Its the reason why the called ID is made as 44448500. The debugs do not have redirect number only calling and called. Calling number is 500.

What i do not understand is why, forwarded calls not taking the mask. The document says Last redirect number external in the gateway should enable the mask to be displayed. But it is not happening here. I also did a caling party transformationon the CUCM and applied it on the gateway. It did not work either.

When you configure the Calling Party Selection to use

First Redirect Number (External)—Sends the external directory number of the redirecting device.

Last Redirect Number (External)—Sends the external directory number of the last device to redirect the call

This should send the External number mask configured on the phone as the calling number.

Did you reset the gateway when you m ade this change? Try and reset the gateway.

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yes, i have reset the gatway a couple of time as well as done no mgcp, mgcp since its an mgcp gateway..only thing i did not do is reload the gateways.

Hi,

Try and do this and see if it helps

1. Change the calling party selection back to originator

2. cick on save

3. change it back to Last number redirect (external)

4. click on save

5. Reset the gateway in CUCM

Test again

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson