Views
Helpful
Replies

encountered VPN SSL agent error for no reason

netsolo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Error message please refer to attachment.

If I am right, this may be caused by Internet Connection Sharing(ICS)  service as I used wired network share with my iPhone by creating  peer-to-peer wireless network at hotel, and before this, it was working normally all the time.

For now, I also can connect VPN successfully but the status always change to  "reconnecting" after 8 seconds and error message popup after several try.

I set ICS service as "manual" or  "disabled" and ensure it is not running, but not helpful.

AnyConnect VPN client Version:2.5.6005

Any reply would be much appreciated.

Andy Xu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jitendra Siyag
Level 1
Level 1

there is error in the SSL protocol stack. try to reinstall the vpn client. it may work.

i found below info for the error you are getting.

The VPN client agent SSL engine encountered an error. Please retry, or restart 
AnyConnect.

Description    AnyConnect encountered an unexpected and unrecoverable error in the SSL protocol stack. One possible cause is an AnyConnect flaw.

Recommended User Response    Restart the computer or device, then try starting a new VPN connection. If the problem persists, run DART (See Using DART to Gather Troubleshooting Information) and report the error to your organization's technical support and include the DART bundle.

Recommended Administrator Response    If the problem persists, open a case with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) and include the DART bundle.

here is the link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect25/user/messages/ac25-vpn-user-msgs.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jitendra Siyag
Level 1
Level 1

there is error in the SSL protocol stack. try to reinstall the vpn client. it may work.

i found below info for the error you are getting.

The VPN client agent SSL engine encountered an error. Please retry, or restart 
AnyConnect.

Description    AnyConnect encountered an unexpected and unrecoverable error in the SSL protocol stack. One possible cause is an AnyConnect flaw.

Recommended User Response    Restart the computer or device, then try starting a new VPN connection. If the problem persists, run DART (See Using DART to Gather Troubleshooting Information) and report the error to your organization's technical support and include the DART bundle.

Recommended Administrator Response    If the problem persists, open a case with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) and include the DART bundle.

here is the link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect25/user/messages/ac25-vpn-user-msgs.html

Thank you for your reply.

Already tried to reinstall but problem persist.

When I trying @hotel not @home, it is working now. So, I belive this may be impact with my home wireless router, I will continue to check the configuration, or if you have any suggestion for this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: