cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote reboot cisco spa508

JaimeGalligo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I have been trying to rebbot my Cisco spa508 using XML IPPhone Execute <ExecuteItem URL="Resync:http://ip address/admin/reboot...

it works fine, but if the admin pasword is set it stops working.

I have tried with the admin and pasword in the url but still does not work.

Is there anyway to reboot the phone remotely while admin pasword is set?

Thank you.

Jaime.

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use SIP NOTIFY method, Event: restart_now (warm restart) or Event: reboot_now (cold restart).

Thank you for your response Dan, I read about the SIP Notify but I can not use it.

I need to use a custom Softkey or an ExecuteItem URL...

Is it another way to achieve this?

Thanks.

Jaime.

I tried it. Well, not the same task, I tried to trigger reset-to-factory-default which is not possible to call by simple URL request.

It didn't worked for me even with empty admin password on 7.5.4 firmware. But I'm sure it worked, the way I'm trying now, on 7.4.6 firmware. So it seems to be an undocumented change in firmware.

I filled separate question , with detailed information and debug log. May be, someone (including Cisco's staff) will have an idea.

Message was edited by: Dan Lukes (I found the solution, read thread related to question I mentioned above)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: