Feedback failure.

Answered Question
Feb 24th, 2012

Originally posted: 2012-Feb-18.

Hi,

I have a number of updates and corrections for the GB section of the document at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/idp/504_423/deploy/dpDlPlns.html#wp1042295

A few weeks ago, I filled in the feedback form on that page asking for someone at Cisco to contact me so that I could email the updates to Cisco.

A week or so later I received an email from 'custsatpms at cisco dot com' thanking me for my updates (which I hadn't yet sent).

Replying to that message results in Cisco returning my message as undelivered due to a "permanant fatal error: bad email address".

How to proceed from here?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by kormsby about 1 year 11 months ago

Hi Ian.

My name is Karla Ormsby and I have replaced Darrell Black as the Documentation Manager for Cisco Unified Communications Manager. I understand that you were working with him to correct or improve some information in one of the documents. I can help you with this issue, although I don't know where you left off with him; so if you wouldn't mind, could you please send me the information and I will see to it that the documentation gets updated as you wish.

Feel free to contact me via email or telephone and we will get these issues resolved. We apologize for the delay in communication. It has taken awhile to get things rolling again since Darrell's departure.

Best regards,

Karla Ormsby

kormsby@cisco.com

(972) 813-5209

Correct Answer by darrblac about 2 years 1 month ago

Hi Ian,

My name is Darrell Black. I am the Documentation Manager for CUCM. Hilde Weisert informed me that you have some feedback you wish to share for the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager) Dial Plan Deployment Guide.

I'd be happy to review your feedback and determine how we can improve the Cisco documentation. You can send your feedback directly to me at darrblac@cisco.com.

Thanks for your help, Ian.

Darrell

Endorsed by Rob Huffman
g1smdvoip about 1 year 6 months ago

It took the best part of a year since initially raising this with another team in November 2011, but finally the GB number plan documentation was updated a few days ago.

The new version resides at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/idp/901/deploy/dpDlPlns.html#wp1042295

This now more accurately describes the current situation in GB.

There are still some minor issues concerning the fact that various GB non-geographic numbers tagged as "national rate" and "local rate" are not actually charged in that manner. These are now "special rate", "business rate" or some such other designation but that's for another day.

Average Rating: 4.8 (4 ratings)
hweisert Sat, 02/25/2012 - 04:18

Hi Ian

We're sorry to hear about the feedback disconnect and will look into it, hope to get back to you early next week.

Thanks for persisting on this, and for being interested enough in our documentation to take time to want to offer updates and corrections.

Hilde

g1smdvoip Sat, 02/25/2012 - 10:14

When a company is as big as Cisco and spread across so many sites in so many countries, it is almost expected that something occasionally goes wrong.

Thanks for looking.

Correct Answer
darrblac Tue, 02/28/2012 - 12:19

Hi Ian,

My name is Darrell Black. I am the Documentation Manager for CUCM. Hilde Weisert informed me that you have some feedback you wish to share for the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager) Dial Plan Deployment Guide.

I'd be happy to review your feedback and determine how we can improve the Cisco documentation. You can send your feedback directly to me at darrblac@cisco.com.

Thanks for your help, Ian.

Darrell

g1smdvoip Wed, 02/29/2012 - 13:13

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Message sent!

Please feel free to ask further questions, however basic or detailed they may be.

g1smdvoip Wed, 03/07/2012 - 23:16

Direct email reply received.

It looks like I am now in contact the right person.

Many thanks!

g1smdvoip Sun, 05/13/2012 - 17:58

Having seen no update in the last few months, I attempted to enquire via Darrell Black as to the current status.

My email was immediately returned as undeliverable.

The following message to <darrblac@cisco.com> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 <darrblac@cisco.com>... User unknown'

Final-Recipient: rfc822;darrblac@cisco.com

Action: failed

Remote-MTA: dns; [173.37.113.194]

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 <darrblac@cisco.com>... User unknown' (delivery attempts: 0)

So now I am right back where I started in November 2011.

Leo Laohoo Sun, 05/13/2012 - 18:38

I hate to tell you this, but I've used the Feedback links several times and I have never seen a response like this before.  I always tell people that Cisco and the documentation team always contacts anyone within 4 hours. 

Janel Kratky Mon, 05/14/2012 - 04:20

Hi Ian,

Thanks for letting the forum team know that your email was not received. We are looking for the right contact as it appears Darrell's email account is inactive. We will be in touch as soon as we have a replacement contact identified.

Leo, thanks for your kind words and support!

Thanks again,

Janel

Correct Answer
kormsby Tue, 05/15/2012 - 07:57

Hi Ian.

My name is Karla Ormsby and I have replaced Darrell Black as the Documentation Manager for Cisco Unified Communications Manager. I understand that you were working with him to correct or improve some information in one of the documents. I can help you with this issue, although I don't know where you left off with him; so if you wouldn't mind, could you please send me the information and I will see to it that the documentation gets updated as you wish.

Feel free to contact me via email or telephone and we will get these issues resolved. We apologize for the delay in communication. It has taken awhile to get things rolling again since Darrell's departure.

Best regards,

Karla Ormsby

kormsby@cisco.com

(972) 813-5209

g1smdvoip Fri, 05/18/2012 - 17:20

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply.

Message sent a few minutes ago.

Please feel free to ask further questions, however basic or detailed they may be.

g1smdvoip Thu, 05/24/2012 - 23:19

Many thanks!

g1smdvoip Thu, 05/24/2012 - 23:21

Many thanks!

hweisert Fri, 05/25/2012 - 06:01

Hi Ian

Good - Karla will definitely get this solved! Again Janel and I thank you for your persistence and commitment to improving Cisco documentation.

If you have time when this is wrapped up to post a note or mark it answered, we'd appreciate it,

Hilde

g1smdvoip Wed, 09/19/2012 - 08:19

It took the best part of a year since initially raising this with another team in November 2011, but finally the GB number plan documentation was updated a few days ago.

The new version resides at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/idp/901/deploy/dpDlPlns.html#wp1042295

This now more accurately describes the current situation in GB.

There are still some minor issues concerning the fact that various GB non-geographic numbers tagged as "national rate" and "local rate" are not actually charged in that manner. These are now "special rate", "business rate" or some such other designation but that's for another day.

g1smdvoip Mon, 09/24/2012 - 00:08
I thank you for your persistence and commitment.

While everyone here has been very friendly and helpful, there's something seriously wrong with the process when it takes almost a year to make a bunch of simple edits to some documents. The view from outside Cisco, gleaned from reading dozens of threads in this forum, is that you're all bogged down with so much bureaucracy that it's almost impossible to get anything done, and that nothing seems to happen in a timely manner. The corporate structure appears to be throttling the company from within, and that's a shame.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted February 24, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Stats:
Replies:15 Avg. Rating:4.75
Views:6193 Votes:0
Shares:0

Discussions Leaderboard