cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Power Injector - AIR-PWRINJ4

ciscoroyzhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, I have a quick question about Cisco Power Injector.

we bought a number of Air-PWRINJ4 year ago,  mainly for extending the power via Cat5 ethernet cable to AP 1225 in warehouse. the output is 56V 0.55A. 

Now I have a couple of spare left, my quesiton is if it is OK to directly power 3502I AP, which requires imput 48V and .35A. from the bag of Air-PWRINJ4, it indecates that the 3500 series is also included.

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't, since the 1252 injectors supply more voltage than required.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

HI Scott, thanks for the reply,  I have tested it works fine, but what will happen if we plan to use it for long run, does it will demage the APs?    in the packaging bag it says: Power Injector - AP 1140/1250/1260/3500 Series - SPARE

on the site I am setting up the AP, there is no POE switch and I don't have adapter with exact output for APs.

Roy,

If it didn't blow up when you connected it, then it will be fine. I'm guessing there is something that must be regulating the power output. Again, you should be fine.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have no choice.  You either use the PWR-INJ4 (20.0w) or wait for the release of the PWR-INJ5 (15.4w).

Another option is here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card