cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FR issue

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

guys we have a FR service 2Mpbs with 1Mbps CIR.

I have configured the following shaping but client is expersin lot of issues and i can see lot of drops on interface

interface Serial0/0/5

ip address 172.x.X.X 255.255.255.252

no ip proxy-arp

encapsulation frame-relay IETF

load-interval 30

no fair-queue

frame-relay class 1Mbps

frame-relay traffic-shaping

frame-relay interface-dlci 16

frame-relay lmi-type ansi

map-class frame-relay 1Mbps

frame-relay cir 1024000

frame-relay bc 128000

frame-relay be 128000

frame-relay mincir 1024000

frame-relay adaptive-shaping becn

Guys any issues with map class or anything i have missed secondly i have noticed that before configuration there was a bandwidth command on serial interface 128k will that effect the config shd i change it to 2mbps

thanks

2 Replies 2

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I remember right, if you don't specify a bandwidth command on the interface it will default to 56k. So you should have bandwidth 2048 on the interface...

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Hi,

i have noticed that before configuration there was a bandwidth command on serial interface 128k will that effect the config shd i change it to 2mbps

If the FR  link to the client was set to 128k then has this been upgraded or should still be 128K.

Your statement is saying under normal traffic conditions target access-rate is 1mb provided by the telco and the minimum contracted rate is 1mb also with committed and excessive burts of 128k

At present:

sh traffic shape -  you will see all the pvc's with the same value - is this what you wish?

You can apply the TS on both sides of the link and just to the DLCI instead of apllying it to the whole interface if  that's better solution  for you?

Using a MOC statement:

For 128K -this will perform at it access rate and if congestion is experienced it will slow down to its contracted rate

policy-map pmTS

class class-default

shape average 1024000 128000 128000

shape adaptive 128000

For 1MB- this is set to shape at 1Mb

policy-map pmTS

class class-default

shape average 1024000 128000 128000

map-class 1mbps

service-policy output pmTS

int ser0/0/5

frame-relay interface-dlci 16

class 1mbps

sh policy-map inter ser0/0/5

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card