cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAG for Status Change ALerts

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I do not see a way in Jabber 4W  (9.1.2) to TAG a particular contact so I get a little alert toast and sound when that contact changes status.

For productivity, I think this would be a great feature, so if I needed to chat with someone who was "Away", I can be alerted when their status changed (with an indication of th "changed to" status in the opoup.

Microsoft Office Cmmunicator has this.                

Planned for Jabber suite?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

miadam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I miss this feature for Microsoft Lync SO MUCH... Is there any way of knowing whether this is being seen by those that matter, or know how I/we can raise an official enhancement request?

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

ruvreve19
Level 1
Level 1

I second this request.

Jeff Thompson
Level 1
Level 1

Agreed! Running v9.2.6 now and still not a feature. Anyone know when this might be?

Melvyn Mildiner
Level 1
Level 1

I've been using MS Lync for years and loved this feature. It was such a handy way of knowing when someone was available without having to constantly switch to the messaging app to manually check their status.

Please add this to Cisco's Jabber client.

miadam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I miss this feature for Microsoft Lync SO MUCH... Is there any way of knowing whether this is being seen by those that matter, or know how I/we can raise an official enhancement request?

Mithun Patel
Level 1
Level 1

I socond this. even after a year on Jabber I still miss that Lync feature.

Hopefully someone from CISCO will do something about it.

Hi All,

There is already a enhnacement request that has been filed for this feature.

Bug id :-CSCug95162.

Regards,

Swathi

What's the status of this? Is it ever going to appear in Jabber?

Swathi, 

That is good but I don't see any release yet? when can we anticipate this?

hanuman411
Level 1
Level 1

May I know why is this article marked as "Solved". Do we have this feature some where in the Jabber now?

If yes then please let me know where i can find the setting.

Thanks,

Hanuman.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: