Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet Site Survey Utility CB21AG Drivers for Windows 7

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone,

I know these are hard to find so I thought I would post them for you all. The driver for the Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g CardBus Wireless LAN Client Adapter (CB21AG) for Windows 7 doesn't work with the Cisco Aironet Site Survey Utility, so we need these older drivers from Atheros to get it working. The drivers are attached to this post. Download the drivers and follow these steps:

1) Uninstall the current driver downloaded by Windows update by going into Device Manager, locating the device, right-click and Uninstall.

2) Turn off all internet connections.

3) Remove the card.

4) Plug the card back in. Automatic driver install will fail so choose to browse for the driver.

5) Select the drivers you downloaded from this post.

6) Once driver is installed, launch the Cisco Aironet Site Survey Utility and it will be working!

This solution is credited to user Bobby4Hire who posted this link originally on his website:

http://bobby4hire.com/Forum/index.php?topic=75.0

Enjoy!

John

24 Replies 24

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for that.  Can you please make a comment so I can rate this post. 

You're welcome. Always glad to help the community.

Gotcha!  Rated you, 

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Man U rock

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Thank you!

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

@Neocec thanks alot for posting this important and useful information. I have posted a blog with this informaiton.

Thanks for your contribution on CSC and helping Cisco customer and partners .

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/wireless-mobility/begin-wireless/blog/2011/06/17/cisco-aironet-site-survey-utility-cb21ag-drivers-for-windows-7

Regards,

Vinay

Thanks & Regards

Thank you Vinay. I'm always glad to help a community that helps me out so much.

Thanks & Regards

Jennifer Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Yay, well spotted!

peterkuric
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately does not seem to work with Win7 64-Bit

"The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible  software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make  sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems."

I'm using card AIR-CB21AG-A-K9

Hey Peter,

I've uploaded some 64-Bit drivers that may work. Try them out and let me know if they work.

Thanks,

Neocec

jmarshman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone was having the same problem as I when I install the new drivers.  I noticed that in the Site Survey Utility, I can't uncheck "Display in percent" its greyed out.  Does anyone have this issue?

wireless wlc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Its nto working for me. I am trying to install on windows 7 64-bit, but it shows all drivers are not compatible. i tried the ones you posted. My system is recognizing the CB21AG as a ethernet controller and when i try to update the driver, it says its not compatible. Please help

regards

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: