Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange Slow Ring Tones After Firmware Upgrade

support
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have just upgraded two UC320W's to firmware version 2.3.2(6) which seemed to go well.  However all the phones, SPA509G's and SPA504G's, ringtones changed.  At first I logged in to them all and changed the ringtone from "Retro" to "Classic -1" as I think this is what they were on before the upgrade, but there is a 6 second space between rings.  This may sound like a small issue but it makes the phones look broken, they basically ring onece then flash for six seconds before you hear another ring.

I did not see this listed in the known issues of the firmware but it has happend on the two systems I have upgraded.  Has anyone else seen this and how do I fix it?

Cheers,

Tony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tony,

Please send me an email at wenyang@cisco.com. I will reply you with a PMF to be installed in your system to correct the ring tone.

Best regards,

Wendy

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Tony,

What 'Region' do you have configured on the two systems?  Please confirm which Ringtone(s) you are experiencing the delay.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Region = United Kingdon

Dial Plan = Local calls are 7-Digits

We only use one ringtone "Classic-1"

Cheers,

Tony

Hi Tony,

Please send me an email at wenyang@cisco.com. I will reply you with a PMF to be installed in your system to correct the ring tone.

Best regards,

Wendy

Hello Wendy,

I also had a call open with Cisco Support and they sent me cadence-1_fix.pmf which fixed the rin tone.  Incidently it also fixed the Du-dut ring tone that someone else used.

Thank you,

Tony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: