cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multipoint calls in Cisco C40 connecting as audio only

ruben.romero
Level 1
Level 1

We have 4 Cisco C40 units.  In  doing a preventative maintenance check, I noticed that when I try to connect a 3-way multipoint call to any of the units, the 3rd point is only connecting audio only, and I'm trying to get them all to connect with video.  Is this a bandwidth issue?

All the units that I'm testing with are in-house.  When connecting to sites within our organization from around the world, they have no problem connecting multipoint (usually, we are not hosting the multipoint call though in those circumstances).

I'm sure this must be just a setting that we need to fix that bumps down call quality.  Your thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From what I see above, your C40 doesn’t have multisite option therefore only support 1 video and 1 audio connection in same time.

You will require LIC-INTP-C40-MS option key on your C40 in order to host 3-sites conference call on it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is outcome of “xsta system” command on your C40 codec?

Do you see “true” for Optionkeys MultiSite and also “3” for MaxVideoCalls which indicating your Endpoint has capability for hosting multisite video conference call?

============================================================

*s SystemUnit ProductType: "TANDBERG Codec"

*s SystemUnit ProductId: "TANDBERG Codec C40"

*s SystemUnit ProductPlatform: "C40"

*s SystemUnit Software MaxVideoCalls: 3 <====== ** check this **

*s SystemUnit Software MaxAudioCalls: 4

*s SystemUnit Software ReleaseKey: "true"

*s SystemUnit Software OptionKeys NaturalPresenter: "true"

*s SystemUnit Software OptionKeys MultiSite: "true"  <====== ** check this **

*s SystemUnit Software OptionKeys PremiumResolution: "true"

*s SystemUnit Software OptionKeys DualDisplay: "true"

============================================================

Hi Ruben!

What you check with Tomonoris info is the capability of the endpoint.

The reason for that is, that the C40 requires a additional "Multisite" license to handle

internal multisite calls. This have to be pruchased. If you believe that you purchased it

with the license check your documents, or https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/tandbergLicenseLookup

or ask your Cisco partner to help you.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

@Tomonoris

Unfortunately, I didn't see those options in Adminstrator Settings -> Advanced Settings.  I'm assuming this is also something that you are reaching via command prompt.  As my skills are beginner in accessing via CMD, it would be helpful if you could include the way you got there.

I apprecate the attention to this.

@ Martin - Ran one of my system's S/N through the tool you linked to and got this:

I don't see anything that says multisite license, but you'd probably know better than me if one of these products would contain that.

Thanks all!

From what I see above, your C40 doesn’t have multisite option therefore only support 1 video and 1 audio connection in same time.

You will require LIC-INTP-C40-MS option key on your C40 in order to host 3-sites conference call on it.

Thanks, good to know. 

Hello! we've got five CISCO TANDBERG C40.

WE've got following licenses (for example on 1 of 5):

FCZ1639F0BR F1AV36E00034

0050600D963A

LIC-S52001-TCX.X:

LIC-S52001-TCX.X:SW for Codec no AES

TCNC5.1.4

1TCNC005-1-BE33100F

1 92607634 10/01/2013
LIC-CXX-NPP: 117703NPP:Cxx Natural Presenter Package Option 1N000-1-47BE5DE6 1
LIC-INTP-C40: LIC-INTP-C40:C40 Product ID 1P011-1-07557910 1
LIC-INTP-C40-PR: LIC-INTP-C40-PR:IntPkg Codec C40Premium Resolution (1080 1R000-1-4ABE30F9 1

What options should i buy to have ability to make video calls

simultaneously on 4 devices.

Am i right that i shoud buy only 1 license LIC-INTP-C40-MS? or i should buy 4 licenses?

Am i right that i shoud buy only 1 license LIC-INTP-C40-MS? or i should buy 4 licenses?

The licences are tied to the serial number of the device.  You'll need one licence per codec that you wish to make multi-site calls from.  If a device is simply receiving a call, it will not need the licence.  Please note that the Multisite will give you 4 particpants (yourself and three others).  For more than that, you will need some form of MCU.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.