cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure Cisco CallManager Server to make multiple IP phones ring at the same time

manish_3191
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

As we have Overlay ephone-dns with Call waiting with Cisco Unified Call Manager express.

Can we do the same setting in CUCM server with version

OS Version        : UCOS 5.0.0.0-2

I need to migrate the phone on CME to CCM server and required the same settings on the phone.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Manish

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You'll need to do one of two things:

1) Create a hnt group - put the phones in a  'line group', set it to 'broadcast', and add that to a 'hunt list'. Add a 'hunt list' for the pilot number.

2) Alternatively add the same DN to all the phones, and set the max calls/busy trigger appropriately for that shared line.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron for the quick reply!!

I am new to this environment if you could provide about where do we find these options in call manager GUI would be helpful.

In the phone configuration window, I am not seeng Hunt group option listed.

Thanks

Manish

That would be too easy :-)

The options are under Call ROuting/Route\Hunt/ - three options for line group, hunt list, and hunt pilot. Do them in that order!

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

yeah. I could find that as well.

Thank you very much!!!

Hi Aaron,

I have configured the above settings and its working fine but facing one issue with Call Transfer.

I have assigned one extension number 9XXX to all 4 phones and configured the same extension as pilot number as well because user need it that way. But when PhoneA want to transfer call to the same EXT#9XXX, it wont work.

Will you please suggest if it requires extra setting fro Call Transfer function to work?

Thanks

Manish Sarolkar

Why do you need to configure the user extensions the same as the pilot number??? That's just confusing.

I presume becuase you have assigned the same number to everything, that you had to put the pilot number in a different partition?

Basically you need to ensure that the CSS assigned to the users lines has the partition containing the pilot 9xxx number above the one containing the user extensions, so that it goes to those as a tie breaker. Having a pilot of 9000, and users of 9001,9002 etc would mean it just works normally.

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: