Replies

Jabber search behaviour

since1976
Level 1
Level 1

With version 9.1.3, it seems that JFW searches

1. local contact as in Outlook and recent contact

2. LDAP

Is this the correct behaviour? Is there anyway we can manage Jabber client so that it can look for a specific area such as search in LDAP only or search in local contact only?

4 Replies 4

Can you make jabber to search ldap only and not to search in local outlook contacts ?

Please try the following;

"enableLocalAddressBookSearch" set it to " false ". This will be configured under the policies section in the jabber-config.xml.

For more on how to form a jabber-config.xml you can refer to the following link;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_0101.html

-please rate if this helps.

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your care

I just found the solution of local address book yesterday :)

Only please help me in my other issue

======================

I have 2 IM&P servers 10.5

When a user is assigned to IM&P1. Then I re-assign the user to the other node IM&P2 from CUCM GUI. the presence become disconnected on J4W connection status but all other services is connected [CTI,deskphone,VM,Direcroty]

Only presence show disconnected

Trying to logout then login again. it become connected to the new node IM&P2

and the user presence show green as available

This exactly what happen with HA, That when I disconnect IM&P1 network interface while a user is assigned to it. The user should move automatically to IM&P2 [The backup node].so end users mustn't feel this node failure. But it isn't happen. The user need to logout then login again for the presence to become connected . It is the same scenario as above as when I re-assign the user from node to node

I think it isn't related to HA or what you think ?

========================

I post this problem in this link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/comment/10001221

2nd post

Thanks a lot Amit

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

-> what you are seeing is the default behavior of jabber for windows. So this is working as designed.

-> you can change the search scope if you plan to do a ldap search a jabber-config.xml and changing the search scope using the following option in the xml file;

<SearchBase1>     </SearchBase1>

Alternatively,

-> If you are using cucm 9.x and im and presence 9.x ; with uds srv record; you can very well change the same under in the service profile configuration in cucm administration page \ user management\ user settings\ service profile option

"Search Base 1" section.

-> IF you want to make sure that jabber does not look at the outlook contact; you can try to use the following switch in the jabber-config.xml file;

"enableLocalAddressBookSearch" set it to " false ". This will be configured under the policies section in the jabber-config.xml.

For more on how to form a jabber-config.xml you can refer to the following link;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_0101.html

-please rate if this helps.