cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client Not Connecting Need Help!

netexpert4u
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to do VPN using Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client getting connectivity issues. When I start Cisco Anyconnect client and enter firewall Public IP than i get a certificate message than i click accept than it ask to enter username and password! After i enter that i get the following message "Anyconnect is not enabled on the VPN server" I also get this message as well:

The secure gateway has rejected the connection attempt. A new connection attempt to the same or another to the same or another secure gateway is needed which requires re-authentication. The following message was received from the secure gateway: CSTP not enabled.

I am attaching my ASA Firewall configuration please let me know if there is anything i can do to get this issue fixed!

Goal is to successfully connect to VPN and access LAN subnets or DMZ Subnets.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated

Thanks,

Ali

3 Replies 3

netexpert4u
Level 1
Level 1

I solved this issue!

So what was your fix?

This is a BUG, please see below and mark as solved if it helped:

CSCtk74949

Symptom:When the AnyConnect Ckeint session fails because the vpn-tunneling-protocol in the group-policy or the Access Method in DAP is not setup properly, the following error/popup is displayed to the user :
"The secure gateway has rejected the connection attempt.A new connection attempt to the same or another secure gateway is needed, which requires re-authentication.
The following message was received from the secure gateway:CSTP not enabled."

The "CSTP not enabled" message should be changed to something more meaningful to both the enduser and the adminintrator, such as "Access method not allowed" or "Access method not enabled."

Conditions:

Workaround:The ASA administrator should verify the group-policy and or Dynamic Access Policy(ies) have AnyConnect access method/vpn-tunnel-protocol authorization/entitlement enabled .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: