cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 7911

Maurice Ball
Level 3
Level 3

My users are using a Cisco 7911 ip phone. They would like me to set one of the buttons on the phone to be in speaker phone mode when the button is pressed. At the moment the only way they can use the speaker phone is to answer the phone by picking up the handset and then pressing the monitor button which will put the phone in speaker mode once they place the handset back on the phone receiver. What I would like to know. Is there way I can configure a button in Call Manager Express that would allow them to put the phone in speaker mode without picking up the handset?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When modifying a 7911 button schema on my CUCM which is 8.6 I see nothing that lets you set a button settings since there are no hard line keys.  This is further reinforced by the fact that these phones were designed with a small business, limited use mindset.  If you want this capability get a 7942/62 series where you can simply press the line you want to answer or dial out.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Maurice,

I believe you can only use the speaker "monitor" on the 7911G phones to listen to the call.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7906g_7911g/8_5/english/quick_reference/7911qrcrd85.pdf

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hi

It's a firmware feature - that softkey is not something you can move, or replicate on any other place on the phone as far as I'm aware.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Can you use CME to display a logo on the display screen of the Cisco 7911 ip phone?

TexasBrandon
Level 1
Level 1

7911s run on the old ATA firmware if I remember correctly.  As it stands, speaker features are already only activated by the speaker button or in your case, Monitor.  Given how old the 7911s are, you are extremely limited at what you can do with these phones.  Aaron is correct in his statement.

Is it possible to configure one of the phone's buttons as a monitor button that they can press on in coming calls?

When modifying a 7911 button schema on my CUCM which is 8.6 I see nothing that lets you set a button settings since there are no hard line keys.  This is further reinforced by the fact that these phones were designed with a small business, limited use mindset.  If you want this capability get a 7942/62 series where you can simply press the line you want to answer or dial out.

Thanks for the help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: