Views
Helpful
Replies

7942G Factory reset problem

problemchild27
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Am facing problem with resetting the IP Phone to factory default. I know am following the correct procedure. After the factory reset, the IP Phone is showing as upgrade and it is 0% and it has its own IP at the top right screen, after few minutes it reboots and i see the Cisco logo and bulls eye symbol. This process keeps continues. Earlier our system was 7.1.3 with more than 25000 endpoints, and we never faced the reset issue. After upgrading to 8.5 am facing this issue frequently. Today i pulled out a brand new 7942G and registered it in the cluster without any issues. I tried to reset wantedly to see if the issue persist, yes it is.  We have nearly 10+ phones with such issues. Is anybody facing the issue. I afraid if the TFTP server (pub) fails or if it goes to SRST the total setup would mess up.  The settings button is also not accessible to change the TFTP address. I cannot change the option 150 IP in server, since it will affect the entire system. Earlier help is highly appreciated.

Thank you

PC

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My guess is that the firmware on the phone is too old to upgrade to the firmware on the 8.5 cluster.

Have a look at this thread..It will guide into how to know what firmware the phone is requesting..

Basically you need to use tftpd32, as your tftp server..point the phone to it and see what firmware it is requestin..Read more in the thread below

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3712835

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

I think ones of these case should be the problem:

1. The phones aren't receving Option 150 IP address (TFTP)

2. CUCM (running TFTP service) or TFTP server is not reachable from the phone.

3. Firmware were not loaded correctly in CUCM or TFTP server

Let us know...

Regards

Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My guess is that the firmware on the phone is too old to upgrade to the firmware on the 8.5 cluster.

Have a look at this thread..It will guide into how to know what firmware the phone is requesting..

Basically you need to use tftpd32, as your tftp server..point the phone to it and see what firmware it is requestin..Read more in the thread below

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3712835

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

HDear aokanlawon,

Thanks for your reply... It worked..

Thank You

PC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: