cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Screen capture file storage

eric.pedersen
Level 5
Level 5

It looks like Jabber stores screen captures forever under My Documents/MyJabberFiles.  Does Jabber jimit the growth of these?  Is there a way to change this to use the temporary files directory so that they can be easily purged?

The endless growth of screen captures and chat history isn't a good behaviour.

Thanks,

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Eric, Sean,

I have created an enhancement request (CSCue54013) based on your feedback.

Thanks,

Maqsood

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

sean Riley
Level 4
Level 4

I just came across this "problem" today as well.  File transfers are stored in this location as well.  My concern is not only from an excessive file growth problem, but also a litigation discovery problem.  We don't like to have any data on our desktops that is discoverable.  I would like to be able to change this default location for screen captures and file transfers to a network location.  Or even better, an option to change the location to a network location and purge after x number of days.

We do not keep chat history for the same reason, to avoid having to retrieve files from desktops if a discovery request comes in.

Hi Eric, Sean,

I have created an enhancement request (CSCue54013) based on your feedback.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Thank you Maqsood. Are there already enhancement requests for limiting or purging chat history and call history?

Hi Eric,

There are backlog items around chat history to configure number of IMs that can be saved per user (99 at the moment) and clear IM history from IM window. Nothing regarding call history. User can right click > delete or select multiple call history items and delete them from call history tab.

Thanks,

Maqsood