cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

R-VMW-UC-FND5-K9 - More than 32Gb vRAM

davethehedgehog
Level 5
Level 5

I'm building a UC on UCS spec as per the design guide, and for this particular customer I'm speccing a larger server than normal due to their requirements.

That part code... R-VMW-UC-FND5-K9. Allows for 2 CPU's, which is fine, but only 32Gb of vRAM. I'm going with the 240 server TRC#1, which has 96Gb. What VMWare support should I be adding or replacing with?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

To my knowledge the only way you can do that is to pull memory out. I was told by PDI to install vSphere Standard to address the 48GB Memory.

From Cisco:

===========================================

What we recommend would be the vSphere Standard. You can choose from 1yr to 5yr support.

VMW-VS5-ST-1A=

VMW-VS5-ST-2A=

VMW-VS5-ST-3A=

VMW-VS5-ST-4A=

VMW-VS5-ST-5A=

View solution in original post

gsharma4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please use the below SKU for as recommended for vSphere standard and there is no limitation for RAM, one per 1 CPU.from 1  to 5year support.

VMW-VS5-ST-1A=

VMW-VS5-ST-2A=

VMW-VS5-ST-3A=

VMW-VS5-ST-4A=

VMW-VS5-ST-5A=

Regards,

Gaurav

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

gbrazil
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem except 48gb instead of 32gb. As this is a demo/training box I am actually happy to run on 32GB. Is there a way to disable memory from a licence perspective without shutting down the whole system and physically removing it?

To my knowledge the only way you can do that is to pull memory out. I was told by PDI to install vSphere Standard to address the 48GB Memory.

From Cisco:

What we recommend would be the vSphere Standard. You can choose from 1yr to 5yr support.

VMW-VS5-ST-1A=

VMW-VS5-ST-2A=

VMW-VS5-ST-3A=

VMW-VS5-ST-4A=

VMW-VS5-ST-5A=

Anton Somov
Level 1
Level 1

Just use the serial number for ESXi 5.1 with all the vRAM conserning limitations removed.

I hope I'm correct on this one. VMware and their license changes are extremely irritating.

gsharma4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please use the below SKU for as recommended for vSphere standard and there is no limitation for RAM, one per 1 CPU.from 1  to 5year support.

VMW-VS5-ST-1A=

VMW-VS5-ST-2A=

VMW-VS5-ST-3A=

VMW-VS5-ST-4A=

VMW-VS5-ST-5A=

Regards,

Gaurav

Blimey, delayed duplicated reaction or what! 4 months is a record! Thanks Gaurav, that's the method I've been using.