cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Script to play a prompt when dialing an extension.

spacemancraig
Level 1
Level 1

This is my first time working with the CCX Editor but we a main line that customers dial into and it plays a prompt, if they know the extension they can dial it at any time.  What I need is to find out how to contruct a script so that once the have dialed the extension is plays a prompt that states what extension they are transfering to and/or the extension holders name for validation purposes.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ryan

Basically without a specific TTS product add on for CCX, you are limited to a small amount of generated voice.

You can use the 'create generated prompt' to read out the extension number to the caller. Use that step to generate a prompt based on the String you captured in a previous step, and then send the output Prompt to a Play Prompt step.

What you won't get it to do (unless you have a TTS system) is read out the name of the target person.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I might be wrong here -  I am not familiar with Cisco messaging products - but I believe Unity Connection has this feature (provided the target extension/user is also a Unity Connection user, and, of course, there's the correct call handler set up for this).

G.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ryan

Basically without a specific TTS product add on for CCX, you are limited to a small amount of generated voice.

You can use the 'create generated prompt' to read out the extension number to the caller. Use that step to generate a prompt based on the String you captured in a previous step, and then send the output Prompt to a Play Prompt step.

What you won't get it to do (unless you have a TTS system) is read out the name of the target person.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I am trying the prompt generator you mentioned and it is not working.  I seem to be missing a step some where.
After the user enters in the extension it is stored in a string variable called 'extension'.

Following the value assignment I placed a Create Generated Prompt object, set the generator type as number and used just the number constructor, set the output prompt as a variable type of Prompt called extensionPrompt and following that placed a Play Prompt object and set the prompt to the extensionPrompt. But this is not working. No prompt is played.

Thanks!

Hi Aaron,

Disregard that last reply as that did in fact work (we were experiencing some issues with our CM and CCX servers which was why wasn't intially working).  My next question is the prompt reads it out as a whole number, for example 1137 is read out as One thousand one hundred and thirty-seven.  How can I get it to read each number digit by digit? One one three seven?

Thanks!

Hi Ryan

Tell the step that generates the prompt that it is a 'credit card number'.

Regards

Aaron

Hi. Multiple ways. For instance, use four number promptsmfor each digit. Or use a concatenated prompt, which is a result of four prompts, for each digit.
G.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I'll give you one more method to add to the list:

Play Prompt (--Trigerring Contact--, S[extension])

The S[] prompt literal means to [S]pell out whatever value is in the variable.

Additionally...

#[position_in_queue] = First, Second, Third, etc. These are called ordinal numbers.

N[points] = One Hundred and Thirty Seven, Sixty Nine, etc. These are called cardinal numbers.

Lastly, you could use the Create Generated Prompt step to convert to other formats, but the spelling one is a simple and common one, which does not require that step.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I might be wrong here -  I am not familiar with Cisco messaging products - but I believe Unity Connection has this feature (provided the target extension/user is also a Unity Connection user, and, of course, there's the correct call handler set up for this).

G.

You are correct.  It's called a Directory Handler.  It's what I mostly use when I need a directory of sorts from within UCCX.  However, I will admit it's a lazy way of accomplishing this task.

The real solution is to use the aa.aef sample script and the spoken name upload feature.

Anthony Holloway

The aa.aef sample script the same as the Auto Attendant template?

Yes it is.  I take you found it under File > New and then choosing the IVR tab?

Anthony Holloway

Also this is the transfer to extension section, would I put the name upload under successful? Do I make a refrence pointing to another script or do I just take and add elements from the upload template?

*I keep getting an error trying to add an image*

roughly the script looks like this.

Call Redirect (--Triggering Contact-- to extension)

Successful

Set Contact Info (--Triggering Contact--, handled)

Goto End

I'm not sure what you are asking, but here, let me say this...  The aa.aef sample script has built into it, the ability to play peoples names back to the caller.  The spoken name upload script is where your employees call in to, in order to record, or update their spoken names.  So it's like a management script.  Does that help answer your question?

Anthony Holloway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: