cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2901 router password recovery

howarddavis1950
Level 1
Level 1

I need to break into a 2901 router to recover the passwords.  Cisco's methodology for password recovery on 2900 seriews routers

says to remove the compact flash card and reboot into RMON.  There is no external compact flash card on a 2901.  Is there a

compact flash card inside the box?  Or can you use the older method of rebooting and then hitting ctl+break to boot into RMON?

Thanks

Howard Davis

CCNP

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
There is no external compact flash card on a 2901. 

Yes there is.  It's hidden underneath a dust cover at the back (opposite side of the power outlet).

There should be TWO CF slots.  Just pop the "0". 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
There is no external compact flash card on a 2901. 

Yes there is.  It's hidden underneath a dust cover at the back (opposite side of the power outlet).

There should be TWO CF slots.  Just pop the "0". 

You're right.. I found two cf card slots on the back, lower left.  cf 0, to the right, and cf 1 to the left. 

Thanks for your help on this Leo

Howard

There is another way if u have given read/write snmp community string and u remember that this can help you recovering password from router.

If not follow recomended way to recover password by cisco

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_password_recovery09186a0080b34901.shtml

Jawad

Howard,

If this has answered your question(s), can you mark this thread as "Answered" please?

Thanks Howard.

jcramirezh
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to all,

It was a big support for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card