Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS FCoE VSAN 1 down

Jeremy Waldrop
Level 4
Level 4

Any way to clear these faults?

F1081    2013-02-21T15:04:24.658    157614 san Member 1/31 of Port-Channel 8 on fabric interconnect A is down, membership: down

F1081    2013-02-21T15:04:24.658    157613 san Member 1/32 of Port-Channel 8 on fabric interconnect A is down, membership: down

Have FCoE setup between 6248s and Nexus 5548s. Using VSAN 20 on Fabric A and VSAN 40 on Fabric B.

Why is VSAN 1 trying to initialize when I have the FCoE port-channel mapped to VSAN 20 in UCSM? Any way to set the allowed trunk vsan list?

Everything is working just would like the anoying faults to go away

2 Replies 2

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This sounds like:

FCoE Uplink vsan membership fault for any vsan not configured upstream

Symptom:
Fabric Vsan Membership Down fault message on FCoE uplink ports

Severity: Major
Code: F1083
Name: Fabric Vsan Membership Down

Conditions:
Observed with UCSM 2.1 and when FCoE uplink port is configured on the Fabric Interconnect

Workaround:
None.Error message is cosmetic.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCud81857

I'd open a case on it and have them link it to the bug if it is indeed the case

Thats kind of what I figured. Doesn't matter though becasue we had to revervt back to traditional FC due the very poor SAN performance of FCoE multihop from UCS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: