cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Expert:Deploying, Configuring and Troubleshooting Cisco WebEx Meetings Server

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Read the bioWith Srdjan Ciric

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn and ask questions about the Cisco WebEx Meetings Server with Cisco expert Srdjan Ciric.  Cisco WebEx Meetings Server is a highly secure, fully virtualized, behind-the-firewall conferencing solution that combines audio, video, and web conferencing in a single solution.

Srdjan Ciric is a customer support engineer and team lead in the Conferencing Team at the Cisco Technical Assistance Center in San Jose, California. He is an expert in Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express, Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, and Cisco WebEx Meetings Server. Ciric has worked as an escalation engineer in the Cisco MeetingPlace business unit since 2010. Prior to Cisco he worked with several ISPs in Serbia deploying IP and VoIP services.  He holds a master's degree in electrical engineering from the University of Belgrade as well as CCNA certification.

Remember to use the rating system to let Srdjan know if you have received an adequate response. 

Srdjan might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Collaboration, Voice and Video sub community discussion forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through March,8 2013. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members. 

27 Replies 27

Frank den Haan
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Is Cisco WebEx Meetings Server able to co-reside with other UC apps on UCS servers, or is it more of a standalone VM residing on UCS hardware, similar to what MeetingPlace 8.5 is like?

If it is presently not able to co-reside with other UC apps, is it on the roadmap?

Thank you,

Frank

Hello Frank,

Thanks for bringing this question.

Currently CWMS system is a standalone but co-residence is on the road map.

Co-residency with vCenter is supported with 50-user and 250-user systems only. Co-residency with Cisco Unified Communications products on the same physical host is not supported.

This is the document where you will find more info

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/collaboration/CWMS/b_System_Requirements.pdf

Thanks Srdjan

aldred.benedict
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Srdjan,

I'm having problem with my CWMS deployment. I intend to use the Media (50 Users Admin) and IRP VM. However, I encountered deployment error 363 as shown in the attachment (the hostname of the IRP VM is supposed to be wirp.kresnasecurities.com, but when the status goes to failed, it changed to null.kresnasecurities.com

I've searched for this error but Cisco's documentation is not clear at all. Let me quote from the troubleshooting guide:

Problem

You receive one of the following two error messages: Auto-Deployment Fails for error.deploy_summary.363 or Auto-Deployment Fails for error.deploy_summary.365.

Possible Cause    You cannot deploy to the selected virtual machine.

Solution    Select Start Over to restart the deployment.

To be honest, it's not helping at all as It doesn't help me identify the root cause of the problem.

Any ideas?

Hello Aldred,

Sorry to hear that, this is a little bit complex problem (basically need more info) and would sugguest you to contact me directly to open a ticket and work with you to resolve this issue.

On the another hand, those errors are coming from Esxi running on that box where you would like to deploy the IRP.

First thing you can check is Hardware requirements of the Host where IRP will be sitting additionally make sure user used for deploying have all required privileges.

One workaround here would be to redoploy manually.

Please feel to reachout to me and I will open a SR and work with you to resolve this.

Thanks Srdjan

Hello Srdjan,

1. By opening a ticket, do you mean escalating to TAC? And how do I ensure that the person reached is you?

2. The current situation is that I actually placed the Admin Server and vCenter in the same physical machine as a few of the UCM products (CUCM Suscriber and MediaSense Publisher) and IRP in another physical machine which hosts CUCM Publisher, Suscriber, MediaSense Suscriber and Presence, Each server is 1 CPU 8 core with 48GB RAM. The reason is that we do not have anymore server left to install CWMS. When I finished posting the previous question, I read the question asked by Frank in whiich you gave the link for the minimum requirements. I realized that the minimum requirements is not met, because Admin + IRP alone will already consume 40GB. Is that the reason why that error is generated?

Hello Aldred,

I think you ansered your question.

"Co-residency with Cisco Unified Communications products on the same physical host is not supported."

Feel free to reachout to me if you have any other questions.

When opening a ticket put in the case notes that you would like Srdjan Ciric to work on this SR and I ll make sure to take the SR.

Thanks Srdjan

Hello Srdjan,

Thanks for your prompt response. Earlier you mentioned in private message that we can actually work on it by using manual deployment. Seeing that this is the case (co-residency with other UCM VMs), will manual deployment still work?

Thank you

Hello Aldred,

For auto-deployment to work you need 12 vCPU's and you have only 8 vCPU's please look into below document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/collaboration/CWMS/b_System_Requirements.pdf

This is answer to you question that is why your auto-deployment fails.

Now, if you want to TEST  ( NOT SUPPORTED BY TAC) in the lab you could try Manual deploy and take off reservations before powering them on.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Srdjan

Hello Srdjan,

What do you mean by taking off reservations?

Thank you

Hello Aldred,

Following up on your question.

This is a workaround here for LAB SYSTEMS, but in anyway should not be used in production.

THIS is NOT to supported by CISCO.

Thanks Srdjan

mflanigan021
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sdrjan,

We are looking at installing a CWMS, and are trying to get a feel for the effort involved.  We understand that the deployment of the product is pretty simple, the bulk of the effort comes in configuring and administering the services and features.  We are looking at a controlled rollout, ultimately to about 3000 users.  Are there deployment guidelines, best practices, etc, for CWMS yet?  If not, to what extent is Meeting Place and/or Webex SaaS practice relevant?

Thanks for any guidance you can give.

Hello ,

As one of the comments we got from customers/partners deploying the CWMS first feedback was : "It is easy to deploy."

In regards to your questions let me redirect you to CWMS Customer Presentation which has more details.

You can find any other Docs on our CEC Page

http://wwwin.cisco.com/voice/products/conferencing/webex-ms/#sr1=0

If you need any additional assistance from me please feel free to email me.

Thanks Srdjan

Srdjan,

Thank you for your response.  I can't pull up the link - it's a wwwin.cico.com page (trying the same link at www.cisco.com gives me a 404 error).  Can you possibly forward the document?

Thanks

Regards,

Mike Flanigan

Hello Mike,

Can you try this one?

http://wwwin.cisco.com/voice/products/conferencing/webex-ms

Thanks Srdjan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: