Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU Resource

Hugh Rivera
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

If there are users that do adhoc video conferences (ie. call each other  using Jabber (Conferences)

instead of using the Tanberg scheduler or direct call from endpoint to endpoint using the MCU ports (Conferences) and not multiway.

If the bridge was full and a  different conference was scheduled for that time, would it kill the adhoc conferences? Or would the scheduled conference fail?

I have not yet tested but will do tonight but encase someone already knows the answer it would be appreciated and save me time and business money.

Regards

Hugh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Hugh

If you need scheduled conference, you must activate Media Port Reservation on your MCU.

Otherwise your scheduled conferences may not start.

Sorry, Conference begins, but not all participants will be able to connect :-)

Br Oleksandr

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

saad alam
Level 1
Level 1

Well,

i havnt check the same,but i think jabber will be connected as Audio Call not Video if resouces are full.

kindly share your testing results.

Regards

Saad Alam

Hi Saad,

Thank you for your response.

My question was mainly to confirm while I'm already on a call (Adhoc) and using up all resources would a schedule call still take place and drop any adhoc calls.

After Testing I found that it will not connect the scheduled conference as no resource could be allocated.

Oleksandr.

Thank you for your answer. I was aware of this although I do not want to restrict the amount of port license for reservations due to the fact it may not get used and adhoc conference will miss out if it is an sudden conference.

As you may know Execs don't like to learn how book things etc and if their PA is away and want a conference there and then they would like an ad hoc to be available specially if there is spare ports for a call ect.

Thank you for for you response and I have found the answer by testing

Regards,

Hi Hugh

If you need scheduled conference, you must activate Media Port Reservation on your MCU.

Otherwise your scheduled conferences may not start.

Sorry, Conference begins, but not all participants will be able to connect :-)

Br Oleksandr

Oleksandr.

Thank you for your answer. I was aware of this although I do not want to restrict the amount of port license for reservations due to the fact it may not get used and adhoc conference will miss out if it is an sudden conference.

As you may know Execs don't like to learn how book things etc and if their PA is away and want a conference there and then they would like an ad hoc to be available specially if there is spare ports for a call ect.

Thank you for for you response and I have found the answer by testing

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: