Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 General questions

Hey all,

As I am fimilar with many Cisco devices, I am trying to gather a few specific details regarding the UC560 system that we are planning to implement in our office.

We already have Cisco phones (SPA504G).

We want to use a SIP connection instead of PTSN or PRI.

We have a remote office. We do not want to install another UC560, my understanding is we are only allowed 5 phones at the remote office? The only way to have more is by purchasing another UC560 and running in multisite mode, correct?

Sometimes people take their phones home and work from home. My understanding is the phones require either a site-to-site VPN connection to the UC560 or use of an SPA525G phone that has built in VPN capability. Is that accurate? In our current system we are able to take the phone home and it works as long as we have internet access, I assume that would not be possible without what I mentioned before?

That's all for now, thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

trgood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Christie,

There is a limitation on the UC500 on the amount of simultaneous tunnels.  However, with a site to site VPN you should be able to register as many phones as you have licenses for.  There is no 5 phone limit for a remote office.  So all you would need is a device than can do IPSEC on the remote side and you should be good to go.

If you want to work from home you can either have SPA525 phones with built in SSL VPN, CIPC with a VPN tunnel to the UC, or any other phone type with a site to site tunnel connected. 

Let me know if you have further questions.

-Trent Good

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

trgood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Christie,

There is a limitation on the UC500 on the amount of simultaneous tunnels.  However, with a site to site VPN you should be able to register as many phones as you have licenses for.  There is no 5 phone limit for a remote office.  So all you would need is a device than can do IPSEC on the remote side and you should be good to go.

If you want to work from home you can either have SPA525 phones with built in SSL VPN, CIPC with a VPN tunnel to the UC, or any other phone type with a site to site tunnel connected. 

Let me know if you have further questions.

-Trent Good

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **

Do you know much about the call reporting? Will the UC560 show any call detail logs? For example numbers dialed, time in queues, etc?

Hello Christie,

You can implement B-ACD and get call queue reporting for which you may obtain more information on the following link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9731

For all other calls you have CDR files with call detail records.

For the CDR files information check the following link please:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9758

and some third party all accounting software links:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9780#Call_Recording_and_Call_Accounting

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

Hello Christie,

You may connect up to 20 remote SPA525G phones with UC560 using separate SSL VPN for each phone.

Alternatively you may create site to site VPN for another office using another router  (e.g. 800 series routers) to connect another phone types or use less VPN connections.

You will be able to use SPA504G phones with UC560.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

Thanks for answering that question Alexander.

I have one more final question I need answered. Just for some background we are Cisco partner purchasing this for ourselves but are just now starting looking into phone systems. We want to run a SIP trunk to a UC560 that supports our current SPA504G phones we already own. It is important that we have DID (direct inward dialing).

With the information I've given, is the UC560-FXO-K9 model the correct one? I understand the FXO ports and don't think we will use them, but wanted to make sure it supported SIP as well and DID. Or do I need to buy a special card for DID because I saw one listed.

We may also go with the PRI model instead of the FXO but ultimately what we want is SIP trunking with a PTSN backup. Will both of these models do that?

Thanks so much!

Hello Christie,

You will be able to use SIP trunk with every UC500 model. You do not have to purchase DID cards they are for something else and for FXS ports. You may setup DID without purchasing anything else.

Both FXO and PRI model will work as primary SIP and PSTN backup. It depends what is the type the the PSTN backup you need. In PRI model there is FXO built in plus the PRI port. So you may have both with PRI model.

HTH,

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: