cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP2000 as Repeater for WRT120n

anbernas2000
Level 1
Level 1

I have a linksys WRT120N connected to the internet, and I want to set up my WAP2000 as a repeater. I followed all instructions, same SSID, Security, Channel, etc (y left the IP by default, though) but devices connected to the WAP2000 don´t get an IP and can´t connect to the internet. I wanted to kno if the WRT120n´s signal can be repeated, and if so if I need to change any configuration parameter.

Thanks in advance

Anbernas

2 Replies 2

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Anbernas, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. Please make sure your WAP is operating MODE to Repeater. I advise you to follow this configuration, will try to configure without security, just make sure the SSID, and channels are the same as your WRT120N, if this don´t work set the set static IP addresses. Also check these documents in order to guide your path.

To configure static address:

http://www6.nohold.net/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=1615

To set your bridge mode: http://www6.nohold.net/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=1579

When already set the bridge, then you can configure the security. If you follow all these steps, probably that device can´t repeat the signal of the other one, right now we don´t have a WRT120N to recreate your case, however we are working on it. I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Jonathan,

It is still not working. Apparently the issue is that I'm not getting an IP (via DHCP) on the clients connecting to the WAP2000. I tried repeating the signal with a DD-WRT and it works most of the time (but I created a brdige), but since I bought the WAP2000 I would like to have it working. I would expect for it to work a lot better.

This is my Setup:

Access Point (WRT120N - now with DD-WRT installed)

- SSID bernasblave, broadcast: true

- DHCP Enabled.

- IP: 192.168.10.1

- DHCP Range: 192.168.10.100  - 192.168.10.149

- Security: WPA2Personal / AES (Also tried without any security and the issue is the same)

- Channel 3

- Mode: Mixed

- I have all sorts of clients connected to it and they all work fine (Smartphones, tablets, notebooks, a PS3, a TV, etc.)

WAP2000:

- SSID bernasblave

- IP: 192.168.10.2 (static IP)

- Gateway: 192.168.10.1

- Mode: REPEATER

- Security: WPA2Personal / AES (Also tried without any security and the issue is the same)

- Channel: 3

- Did the site survey and got the MAC address of WRT120N successfully (I checked it manually too).

But it's not working. There doesn't seem to be a lot to configure on the WAP2000, how do I troubleshoot this?

Thanks again

AB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: