Views
Helpful
Replies

reset cisco ip phone 7945

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

Hi

(Sorry for my english, i'm a french guy)

I'm trying to reset my phone because the screen is black. I unplug it, plug it back on, hold the # button, but the speaker button light up instead of the two button beside the screen. So i'm not able to reset it.

I've succeed with one of the three phone I've to reset

Thanks for your help

---

Posted by WebUser Gab Ricard from Cisco Support Community App

3 Replies 3

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Procedure

Step 1 Unplug the power cable from the phone and then plug it back in.

The phone begins its power-up cycle.

Step 2 While the phone is powering up, and before the Speaker button flashes on and off,

press and hold #.

Continue to hold # until each line button flashes on and off in sequence in amber.

Step 3 Release # and press 123456789*0#.

You can press a key twice in a row, but if you press the keys out of sequence, the factory reset will not take place.

After you press these keys, the line buttons on the phone flash red, and the phone goes through the factory reset process.

Do not power down the phone until it completes the factory reset process, and the main screen appears.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7965g_7945g/6_1_3/english/administration/guide/7965trb.html#wp1095587

Before you perform a factory reset, ensure that the following conditions are met:

• The phone must be on a DHCP-enabled network.
  • A valid TFTP server must be set in DCHP option 150 (ip address) or option 66 (name) on the DHCP server.
  • The  term75.default.loads file and the files specified in that file should  be available on the TFTP server that is specified by the DHCP packet.

Hope this helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi

(Sorry for my english, i'm a Latin guy).

I have a problem 

i don't have    
   | 
   | 
   v 

• A valid TFTP server must be set in DCHP option 150 (ip address) or option 66 (name) on the DHCP server.
  • The  term75.default.loads file and the files specified in that file should  be available on the TFTP server that is specified by the DHCP packet.

and the ip phone stays in bucle and never ends ¿what can i do?

/////////////////////////

Spanish:

Tengo un teléfono cisco ip 7945 que se reseteo de fabrica  pero no tengo:

**Un servidor TFTP válida se debe establecer en la opción DHCP 150 (dirección IP) o la opción 66 (nombre) en el servidor DHCP.

**El archivo term75.default.loads y los archivos especificados en ese archivo debe estar disponible en el servidor TFTP que se especifica mediante el paquete DHCP.

y se queda como en un ciclo o bucle reiniciando y reiniciando como si hubiera echo la opcion de #  123456789  *0#

Como pudo evitar que se quede en ese ciclo o como cumplo con esos dos requisitos que no cumplo ??

Gracias a quien pueda ayudarme.

Saludos 

rickCtr
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to perform a wipe without internet? Perhaps just with PoE? 

(Sorry for digging up an old thread.) 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: