Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make IP Phone Busy?

Tashi BDFCL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have IP Phone 7965 with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 8.6 with the router 3945. In this IP Phone i want to implement phone busy if the user is talking with another phone line.

I have found the command and implemented but still it doesnt work. This is command which i have added :

ephone  75

mac-address 8478.ACE7.877B

max-calls-per-button 1

busy-trigger-per-button 1

codec g729r8

mtp

type 7965

keep-conference endcall

button  1:75

The above code says, if the user receives the call and when the second caller dials that same phone then that user should receive the line as busy.

Currently the IP Phone does not have this facilities, due to that our staffs are complaining about the Phone not been received as when the phone lines are been used and when the second person dials the phone rings and seems that the person is not receiving the call.

Can anyone help me how to make the phone busy when the phone is in busy.

Thanks

TashiBDFCL

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

HI

busy-trigger-per-button  will definately resolve your issue. I think you are using dual line configuration.

Make your ephone-dn as octa line and it will work.

Regards
Ronak Patel

Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

HI

Refer below link and see section "busy-trigger-per-button " . It says

To set the maximum number of calls allowed on an  octo-line directory number before activating Call Forward Busy or a busy  tone, use the busy-trigger-per-button command in ephone or ephone-template configuration mode.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_b1ht.html

Please Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards
Ronak Patel

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

HI

busy-trigger-per-button  will definately resolve your issue. I think you are using dual line configuration.

Make your ephone-dn as octa line and it will work.

Regards
Ronak Patel

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. It got solved. I have the following line for my IP Phone.

ephone-dn  75  dual-line

number 7779

name Tashi (IT)

huntstop channel

no huntstop

!

ephone 75

mac-address 8478.ACE7.877B

max-calls-per-button 1

busy-trigger-per-button 1

codec g729r8

mtp

type 7965

keep-conference endcall

button 1:75

I go the solution from https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/343713.

Its working fine now with my dual-line. Can you tell me is it necessary to make it "octa" ? because it says :

dual-line  dual-line DN (2 calls per line/button)

octo-line  octo-line DN (8 calls per line/button)

Can you please clear my doubt?

Thanks

HI

Refer below link and see section "busy-trigger-per-button " . It says

To set the maximum number of calls allowed on an  octo-line directory number before activating Call Forward Busy or a busy  tone, use the busy-trigger-per-button command in ephone or ephone-template configuration mode.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_b1ht.html

Please Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards
Ronak Patel

Thanks for the link and the information. Still then the problem is been solved for dual line.

Thanks.

Hi

If links and solution are informational, You can rate all the post accordingly.

regards

Ronak Patel

Hi,

Yes i have rated the correct answer. Can you tell me can i put our own busy ring-tone? Yes if then, can you tell me how?

Thanks

HI

I believe natively not possible. But you can do call forward busy to CUE module and run your tone.

Regards
Ronak Patel

Hi Ronak,

Can you tell me how? As i really need to implement this.

Thanks

HI

You can configure following

1) Under Ephone-dn use following command :- call-forward busy and give some CUE AA number. 

2) Configure CUE for AA. See below link and check section "Customizing the Default CUE AA Application versus Creation of a Custom Script".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a00803f82eb.shtml

So when the called number is busy, the call will come to CUE AA and your prompt will be played to the caller.

Regards
Ronak Patel

I have checked the link which you have provided but i could not understand. I have got bzy.wav file which i will use as busy tone. Can you help me how to make this file functional?

Thanks

Ronak Patel wrote:

HI

I believe natively not possible. But you can do call forward busy to CUE module and run your tone.

That would require a custom script to be written, thing that possibly the OP may have trouble doing.

I am using CME. So can you help me how can we do in CME?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: