cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificates on EX90s

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for some current documentation on installing certificates on EX90's that are internet facing and will register to a VCS-Expressway. These EX90s need to be able to call other internete facing devices such as Movi and Jabber Tablets, as well as CTS and TX rooms systems on the internal network.

My concern is that if I install certificates on a handful of devices, that it may break the solution I already have working. So I guess my questions are:

1) If I install certificates on a few systems, do I have to install them on all systems? They have EX90s registered with CUCM as well as the room systems.

2) The EX90s use self signed certs by default if I am not mistaken for encryption. How will replacing these effect this? Id Encryption tied to the cert?

3) if so, does that require any certs or encryption on the CUCM, CTMS, CTS/TX rooms systems as well?

The docs define how to do this, but offer not insight into the ramifications of enabling this functionality.

thanks for any input or suggestions

rf

1 Reply 1

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

Any best practices or recomendations?

The Cisco TelePresence Certificate Creation and Use With Cisco VCS deployment guide seems to only cover loading certs onto VCS, but does not address the client side.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Certificate_Creation_and_Use_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf

Nor does it seem to address any issues at a solution level, MCUs, TPS, CUCM registered devices, etc.

thx,

rf