cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone on PeopleSoft 8.53 yet?

Lumi Mihalcea
Level 1
Level 1

I am testing TES 6.1.0.208 with PS 8.51. I was just told that 6.1 is not supporting PS 8.53 yet. Anyone tried yet?     

7 Replies 7

Lumi Mihalcea
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone interested, got an answer from tech support :

Since People Tools 8.53 was just recently released we did not  test with TES 6.1 and therefore not currently officially supported.

Action Plan

We are in the process of testing with TES 6.1 and therefore  this version might be supported in the near future.

Hi Lumi

We are also proposing to upgrade to PeopleTools 8.53 and TES 6.1, do you know if there is offical Cisco support for this now ? or were you able to conduct any testing at PTools 8.53 yourself ?

Thanks

Asim

Hi Asim,

we did upgrade to PT 8.53 at the end of May. I did some testing prior to upgrade but at that point we had no choice but to go ahead. I did not run into anything major yet but there are few issues, not necessarily PS related:

1. when editing a job for the first time you'll get the message 'job can't be saved', in details it tells you that component can not be blank; my workaround was to place the cursor on the Component Name then save the job. I just got a reply today from Tidal that this happens the first time to edit the job, after that the message will not show up again. It seems to me that this has more to do with the DB upgrade from 5.3.1 to 6.1 than anything else

2. I have issues sometimes when trying to insert a job in the schedule; sometimes it works fine with today's date, other times it comes up with the message "Selected job start date is not part of compiled schedule' then you have to select today's date

3. I had some issues cancelling ahead jobs from a future schedule; for example, on Wednesday I canceled a bunch of jobs from Friday's schedule; on Friday, jobs were canceled but groups were back in Waiting...I actually had to remove them from schedule, yet single jobs were canceled; this must've happened at midnight when the compile ran. Tidal support is looking at the last 2 issues.

My version is 6.1.0.244/6.1.0246

Hope this helps somewhat!

Lumi

Many thanks Lumi for your detailed response. We will probably start the TES upgrade over the next few weeks.

You've highlighted some good areas to test 6.1.0 functionality.

Best regards

Asim

anyone know if TES 6.1.0.133 is supported to run on an Oracle 11.2 db?

We are on tidal 6.1 and we will be upgrading our Peopletools from 8.50.27 to 8.53 and oracle 11.2.0.4 - Is Tidal supported and has it been tested on PT8.53 ? If so will we need to update the PeopleSoft adapter ?

Anand

Cisco have confirmed that PeopleTools 8.53 is supported with TES 6.1. Make sure you download the latest version of 6.1 and you will have latest PeopleSoft adapter.

Regards

Asim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: