Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create another Administrator user with full access

Hi!!!

I have a CAll MAnager 9 and want to create another administrator user with full access. I created one on CM administration (copied from existing administrator) but when I try to enter on OS administration I cant access. I only enter with the default administrator user; also to CLI and disaster recovery. Is teher a way to create a user with the same access as the default install administrator?

The problem is if the customer change the password and then forgot I want to have a chance to access to the system and do something.

Can anyone help? If there is one!!!

Best Regards,

Jose Carlos

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

That's expected, one exists within the CUCM DB and the other one in Linux.

They're not synced, and are managed completely separately.

And as Bruno says, there are still ways to get into the server if you forget the OS pwd.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

Hi Jose

The option that you have are those above... Also refer this thread where have a good approach from our friend Java about GUI password reset

Please remember to rate helpful  responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Cheers

Bruno Rangel

Visite tambem o Cisco Community Support em Portugues

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Jose

You need to create a new account to OS, so try recovery the password you can search on the community to find the step by step, here a good start:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15800

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

"Se você quiser alguém em quem confiar, confie em si mesmo. Quem acredita sempre alcança"
Renato Russo

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

That's expected, one exists within the CUCM DB and the other one in Linux.

They're not synced, and are managed completely separately.

And as Bruno says, there are still ways to get into the server if you forget the OS pwd.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi Bruno, thanks for your reply.

I created through CLI!!!

admin:set account adminxpto

Privilege Levels are:
   Ordinary - Level 0
   Advanced - Level 1

Please enter the privilege level :1
       Please enter the password :*********
             re-enter to confirm :*********
Account successfully created
admin:

thanks again for the clue!!

Best Regards,

Jose Carlos

Thanks all for your help!!

I just want to have another way to get to the system if the customer change the password and for some reason it's not on the site.

Best Regards,

Jose Carlos

Hi Jose

The option that you have are those above... Also refer this thread where have a good approach from our friend Java about GUI password reset

Please remember to rate helpful  responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Cheers

Bruno Rangel

Visite tambem o Cisco Community Support em Portugues

Cheers
Bruno Rangel