Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber keeps saying invalid Username/Password

Paul Lehnert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Just for starters I have seen this topic on it already: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24403 But the stuff in that link didn't work for me.

Background information, setup a new laptop for a user, installed Jabber and couldn't sign in.  I tried signing in on another machine as the same user and that one did work.  I also signed into the unified presence user options page as the user, and that worked.  I tried my own user account on the new laptop as well as someone elses and neither of them worked.  They both do work elsewhere, so I know they work.  I checked the firewall settings and it is set to allow Jabber through that so it's not blocking it.  I also updated to the latest version that we are using in our company, 9.1.3 build 13181, and that didn't resolve it.

Since it is only happening on the new laptop I feel it has to be something on the new machine itself.  So any idea of what I can check so the user can use Jabber?

Thanks,

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

Delete Jabber folders under following locations and retry:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications

If you still have same problem then create a problem report (start menu > Cisoc Jabber > Cisco Jabber Problem Report) and attach with this thread. If you are not comfortable to attach report here, then raise a TAC case for further assistance.

Thanks,

Maqsood

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

Delete Jabber folders under following locations and retry:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications

If you still have same problem then create a problem report (start menu > Cisoc Jabber > Cisco Jabber Problem Report) and attach with this thread. If you are not comfortable to attach report here, then raise a TAC case for further assistance.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Thanks.  That seems to have resolved the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: