Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Root 1410 bridge not showing RSSI poll in event log

Hello,

A customer has a wireless PTP bridge using a pair of 1410 bridges.  The non-root bridge event log shows the RSSI polling information message indicating the link's signal strength; ie. -42 dBm.  It updates every few seconds or so.  The root bridge does not show this information in the event log.  Both bridges have the event log configuration options set identically, all messages types are enabled.  I can't find any reference to this in the documents.  Is this by design?  I thought that maybe a root bridge if it was set up as a multi-point might be overwhelmed if it was showing/scrolling RSSI from multiple non-roots.  All feedback is appreciated.

thanks

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Usually when the bridge is in install mode that information is provided. I haven't seen that when the bridge has been put into non-root or root. But is has been a while since I have seen a 1400 bridge

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott,

No, it was definitely not in Install mode, must be an oddity of non-root mode.  Or when the customer knocked the 8-foot long icicle off it, something was rattled.  In any event, I am replacing it on-spec as it fails intermittently, but I was wondering about the event log RSSI.

I don't know... again, I have only seen that when initially doing an install and putting the bridge in install mode. 

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card