cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP200 does not work out of box

marlene8431
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased 3 of these Wireless-G access points and none of them are plug and play.  I am here because I have spent the last three hours trying to go through every step they suggest in the Quick Start Guide.

I tried entering in a web browser the default IP address and wait for a login that does not appear.

Anyone have these issues and what makes this access point work.

Thanks.

Marlene

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Thank you for posting. Here is the easiest way that I know of to access and configure the devices:

1. Give your PC a static IP address of: 192.168.1.200. Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 No Default Gateway or DNS.
  2. Plug the WAP200 directly into the PC. Make sure that wireless is disabled on the PC and the Local Area Connection (Wired) is enabled.
  3. With the WAP200 powered on, hold the reset button for 12 seconds and give it a minute to reboot.
  4. Open your web browser and go to 192.168.1.245
  5. Login using Username: admin Password: admin
  6. Configure the wireless settings and a static IP address that matches your network. Example:

• IP Address: 192.168.1.245 (Use 246, 247, etc. for multiple access points)

• Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

• Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (Use the IP address of your router)

• Primary DNS: 192.168.1.1 (Use the IP address of your router
  • Secondary DNS: 8.8.8.8 (Public DNS server hosted by Google)

Note that if your router is for example: 10.0.1.1, you should give the access point an IP address of 10.0.1.245

Note that if you are plugging the AP into your router "out of the box", it will get an IP address from the router. You will not be able to reach it at 192.168.1.245. You can look in the router status to see what address was assigned to the AP and log into the web interface using that address. That is the second way to configure the devices.

Please reply if you have any questions.

- Marty

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

charla.burnette
Level 1
Level 1

I have searched literally countless placess on the internet, and still have this problem - no luck here

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Thank you for posting. Here is the easiest way that I know of to access and configure the devices:

1. Give your PC a static IP address of: 192.168.1.200. Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 No Default Gateway or DNS.
  2. Plug the WAP200 directly into the PC. Make sure that wireless is disabled on the PC and the Local Area Connection (Wired) is enabled.
  3. With the WAP200 powered on, hold the reset button for 12 seconds and give it a minute to reboot.
  4. Open your web browser and go to 192.168.1.245
  5. Login using Username: admin Password: admin
  6. Configure the wireless settings and a static IP address that matches your network. Example:

• IP Address: 192.168.1.245 (Use 246, 247, etc. for multiple access points)

• Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

• Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (Use the IP address of your router)

• Primary DNS: 192.168.1.1 (Use the IP address of your router
  • Secondary DNS: 8.8.8.8 (Public DNS server hosted by Google)

Note that if your router is for example: 10.0.1.1, you should give the access point an IP address of 10.0.1.245

Note that if you are plugging the AP into your router "out of the box", it will get an IP address from the router. You will not be able to reach it at 192.168.1.245. You can look in the router status to see what address was assigned to the AP and log into the web interface using that address. That is the second way to configure the devices.

Please reply if you have any questions.

- Marty

This definately worked. 

Thanks

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Marlene, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for this inconvenience, If you are trying the get in to the GUI to configure your device and the browser didn´t show you something I advise you to use a different browser such as Mozilla, i.e 9.0 in order to resolve this issue.

I hope you find this answer useful

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it”

Greetings, 
Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.
Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.