cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC5508 massive change

bouchal-38
Level 1
Level 1

Hello is there a way on a WLC5508 to push the same configuration on multiple APs in 1 shot?

I need to change the High Availability settings on most of the APs (not all). And the only solution i find is to do 1 by 1...

Tx for your answer .

B.

6 Replies 6

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

I still cannot find any way to put the same configurations on selected multiple Access-points(except some).There is a way where you can use CAPWAP to configure all AP with the same configuration.

Hope this will help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have WCS/NCS/CPI then you can create an AP template.

If you don't have one, the next fastest way is to do the configuration via CLI.  The command to change the primary controller of the AP is:  config ap primary

What I do is create an Excel spreadsheet a populate the commands and AP name.

Once the commands are generated, it's as simple as cut-and-paste. 

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We've an internal enchancement for this, check with your Cisco AM to drive the same. This feature gets no $$ & will not be included to fix.

what's the enhancement ? Is it some sort of macro commands?

We track servicability issues internally and it is addressed as one of the cust pain point. however, it require business case to include in the fix list otherwise it will take long time or never get fixed. Currently, it is a feature request.

Ping Zhou
Level 8
Level 8

I see...Thanks.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card