Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C40 not working

oyvind.krage
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been having issues with my C40 that goes into boot loops.

I have not been able to access it from neither web or ssh, only serial connection.

I have tried to load new software to it (twice) as the flash did not have any valid kernel image, but althought I have been successful in uploading the images from TFTP, it still do not want to boot.

Attached output from last update (using tc5.1.7 this time since tc6 didnt work either)

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

if you have put the files I attached before in the tftpboot directory where you have the TC package you want to install, you do the same setenv commands as you did before and do :

AMERICA> run reprog

then do a reset to load new u-boot

AMERICA> reset

set your environment again and do the run pkgex as you did with the old u-boot

AMERICA> run pkgex

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

try this. Do this on root privilege:  selectsw -v. you see 2 versions and one of them active for example:

1. TC5.1.7 (active)

2. TC5.1.3

then do selectsw 2 and reboot.

Ahmad, thanks for your reply.

Issuing the selectsw command does not show any versions.

selectsw -v returns -v is not a directory

Reply on command 'selectsw' is:

yaffs: Mounting /flash

yaffs: restored from chackpoint

Hi Øyvind,

just type selectsw and see what you get.

Reply on command 'selectsw' is:

yaffs: Mounting /flash

yaffs: restored from checkpoint

Nothing more

then you can try facotry reset:

• rm /mnt/base/active/config.db, this remove the current configuration file from Codec
  • reboot

Danny De Ridder
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I would recommend to upgrade the U-boot version too. I am attaching a more recent u-boot and pkgextract.elf files. Put these file in the directory where you have put the package that you loaded before. From the u-boot prompt do the same steps as you did before but instead of doing

AMERICA> run pkgex

do the following instead

AMERICA> run reprog

That should reprogram U-boot and the install the package afterwards.

Regards,

Danny.

Danny, thanks for the updated u-boot.bin

Have updated that now, but do i need to run pkgex after?

Hi Oyvind,

Yes, Danny wanted to mention that before you try to push the software via TFTP, it would be a good idea to upgrade the U boot version too.

Once you have done it, please try to the TFTP procedure again and this time we should have better luck. If the codec still fails to boot up. We'd recommend that you open a TAC case where one of the TAC engineers can help out.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar
TelePresence Solution Group

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

I am currently uploading the same image as last tc5.1.7 and will revert with the outcome.

Thanks

Øyvind

Hello,

if you have put the files I attached before in the tftpboot directory where you have the TC package you want to install, you do the same setenv commands as you did before and do :

AMERICA> run reprog

then do a reset to load new u-boot

AMERICA> reset

set your environment again and do the run pkgex as you did with the old u-boot

AMERICA> run pkgex

Thanks Danny,

I feel renewed hope here, as it has now started the extraction process, something it skipped totally earlier.

This must be subject to the new u-boot.bin

Will update when finished.

Great, seems to have done the trick.

Althought I am only able to mark one post as correct, and that will be Dannys for the updated u-boot.bin, I wish to thank both Ahmad and Mubashshir also for their good help.

To all three of you, I am very impressed with the responce time here, and won't hesitate to use the forums again in the future. Hopefully some day I will be able to help someone else also.

Thanks gents.

Regards

Øyvind

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: