Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Conductor and resource optimizing

Hi,

One of our customers is planning to buy 3 MCU 5320s. But someone confused the customer about resource optimizing. You know when the MCU is set to Full HD mode, it consumes Full HD port even if the participant is an SD endpoint. It seems a big problem for the customer. I know Cisco Conductor solves that problem for the Cisco TP server. Is there a way for MCU5320s in case of that we give the Cisco Conductor as well? For example I set full HD mode for one MCU, HD mode for another MCU and SD mode for the other MCU. Can I manage it dynamically on the Cisco Conductor?

Best regards,

Tufan   

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tufan!

On all boxes running the MCU or code its not possible. Its still a static setting where you have

to decide for the hole MCU in which mode it shall run in.

The resource optimization only works on the telepresence server on the recent software and when its in managed mode.

Maybe you should reach out to your Cisco Contact and ask im about the fututre (NDA), ...

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

nick.mueller
Level 6
Level 6

I agree with Martin on all points. You can do what you suggest however and treat the MCUs as three different level less of service. It will mean you might need multiple aliases on Conductor.

NPM

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Guess that depends a bit on what the expected usage is, without knowing that its not easy to say.

Though I agree with Nick (hi, how are you? :-) that using the MCUs with different settings can be

a workaround  it also depends on the intended usage.

Like if they should be placed in different regions it might not be suitable to have different settings

and if clustering while preserving the layout is needed neither. There might be other cases as well.

Also conferences with mixed quality demands (like two HD one SD port) could not be archived

(Did not deeply test this with the Conductor+TPS as from what I see there is no resource usage info

on the current conductor/tps websites), did not check the api).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify