Views
Helpful
Replies

Any chance of LAN ONLY mode

gavin.tobin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Any chance of enabling a LAN ONLY mode in the next UC320W firmware so that it does not have to be the gateway for the phone network?

It's predecessor the SPA9000 had this capability and worked fine. I like the UC320W but don't want to use it as a router. 

Regards,

GT

8 Replies 8

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You can set the topology as "UC320W routes voice only" or "UC320W routes voice and data with external DHCP server".

Best regards,

Wendy Yang

Hello Wendy,

I don't want the UC320W to route anything and don't want to have to use the WAN port on the device at all.

I just want it to be a phone system like the SPA9000 in LAN mode.

Is this possible with current firmware does it always have to be the gateway on the phone VLAN?

Regards,

GT

Hi Gavin,

Yes, you can use UC320W as a simple phone system in which UC320W acts as the call agent. You don't have to have the WAN connection.

Best regards,

Wendy

Hello Wendy,

I can't see where I can set the gateway on the Voice VLAN to anything other than the UC320W, nor can I see how I can turn off DHCP for the Voice VLAN.and there is no option to set the WAN connection to none.

Is there a doc to help setup the UC320 as a LAN device only an not the gateway for eithe VLAN.

Regards,

GT

Hi Gavin,

UC320W has to act as the DHCP server for the voice VLAN, so that each IP phone can get IP address from UC320W. You can turn off UC320W DHCP server function for data VLAN only, not voice VLAN at Topology page in the configure utility.

WAN connection at UC320W is optional.

Best regards,

Wendy

Having the UC320W as the DHCP server for the voice VLAN isn't a problem but if we are not using the WAN connection on it then the UC320W isn't the gateway for the VoiP VLAN

So how do I change the Voice VLAN gateway address to my actual router address (10.0.10.254) on the VoIP VLAN DHCP scope.

Hi Gavin. You can't change the gateway. The 320 is not very flexible for network config. You cant put phones on a remote subnet either. Do you need the phones to have a different gateway anyway?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

gonzalezpu
Level 1
Level 1

I´ve got the same problem. I am trying to register spa phone though the WAN interface instead.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: