Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA504G

sipiusone1
Level 1
Level 1

HI there.

I have a Cisco SPA504G phone that is connected to a remote PBX.

I have configured 2 accounts on the phone-ext. 502 and ext. 506, both on the same PBX.

If i activate both accounts, either both become unreachable, or register but are not stable.

If I disable second account 506 and restart phone, 502 stays registered.

I tried setting different UDP ports to register (5061 to 502 to 5062 to 506), tried different settings on my router (Thomson TG585 v7) but nothing help.

I read in some forum about such issue on this phone module and the only work around was-disable second account, which worked.

I need both accounts.

Please advice.

Dror

1 Reply 1

Dan Miley
Level 3
Level 3

This may be related to NAT on the router,

enable sip-alg on your router (may require a firmware update)

does it work plugged into the cable modem

or possibly forward ports to the phone through the router

sip is usually 5060-5080, (admin-->advanced-->ext x - sip settings --> sip port)

RTP on these devices is usually

16384 to 16538

I think  verify at  admin-->advanced-->sip - RTP parameters --> rtp port min/max

Your voip account provider may have a sample config that will work with your router, and a cisco SPA phone.  The model shouldn't matter, the network settings are very similar between devices.

or call into the small business TAC.  Easiest way is go to

cisco.com/smb  --> support open a case, then once you have your case #  call in 866-6060-1866  Listen to the prompts, pick your language, use "existing case"  opt 2 I think

Hope it helps, please rate helpful posts,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: