Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to see Contacts in Directories

wittyenggs
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

I have deplyed Cisco 6921 IP Phones in our production Environment. We are using CUCM v8.5. I have assigned individual user names against ephone-dns. When some one calls a number from his/her extension, he is able to see the dialled number's name. Also the person who is receiving the call, he is able to see the caller's name.

Now i want to see these configured names in ephone-dns in the directory button of every configured Ephones. When i click on the Contacts button on the ephone, i see an error message " Connection Failed"  or on some phones it shows "Service Unavailable".

I did some googling but you could not get any hits for this error and hence need your help to rectify these errors.

Thanks!!!!                 

5 Replies 5

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Did configure the directory service under the Telephony service?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_u1ht.html

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hi Yahisel2004,

Thanks for the reply, but i am a newbie to VoIP world. I did go through the link sent by you. But it has some many commands that i got completely lost. Can you be specific in terms of commands that need to be executed to make the contacts seen in Individual Ephones.

If you could list down the commands that would enable the end users to see names and corresponding extension numbers when they click on contacts button on their IP Phones, then i can make out.

Appreciate your help in this regards

Hi yosh,

Why is it that some of the posts that u had sent have been deleted?

I thought you had deleted them... I'm not sure what happened.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Jaishankar

Are you using CME or CUCM ?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers