Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7925g, UC560 & 2504 WLC

davidfield
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I've been searching the forums and product data sheets, release notes etc... but I can't seam to work out what is the current definative documetns I should be reading to

- A setup the WLC to ensure I have the correct requirements for the 7925g handsets

I have read documents on 7925gs needs and have 20% overlap of signal strength etc..  I have walked the site with 3 handsets on site survey mode and at any time the all have about -58 to -67 from multiple AP's.  Tried A freq and similar results of call audio loss.

I have read documents re various WLC's 5508 4400 2100 etc.. regarding QOS, WPA and roaming, but I still get an issue of rubbish roaming with about 3sec audio cutoff of voice between AP's and then call returns. 

A little about the site:

- 17 1142 AP's

- 2504 WLC running 7.4.100.0

- 13 7925g handsets

- 10 7600 series wired handsets (which work without fault)

- 1 x UC560

No radius server.  I even set the SSID to no security in an attempt to verify raoming, but appears this makes no difference.

Ive setup the 2100's and never had a problem.

Any pointers or documents I should be reading or a deffinative "set to this config" would be appreciated. 

David

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need latest phone firmware, check.

Upgraded everything else but not the handsets. Have done so now to 1.4.4.3.  Testing to follow tomorrow. Thanks for chipping in with some feedback

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

I would go ahead and post this query over @

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/wireless-mobility/wireless-voice-video

There a number of experts over there who may be able to help

Pinpoint your issue. Make sure to add the firmware version you

are running on the 7925's as well

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

Thanks Rob,  took your advice and posted on other section.  Cheers for this.

Thanks Rob,  took your advice and posted on other section.  Cheers for this.

MOVE this thread (upper-right-hand corner) and DELETE your other posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: