Views
Helpful
Replies

Account > Discussions behavior changed

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi everyone,

I had to take a break from posting on CSC in the last couple of months (and trust me, I was missing it sorely). Now when I got - hopefully - back to CSC, I have noticed a couple of subtle changes.

An unpleasant change is the behavior of the "Discussions" link that is present in my Account menu. Originally, after following that link, a page was displayed with the list of all threads I have either opened myself or responded to, including the original poster, number of views, last poster, solution status and the date of the last post. This helped me tremendously to keep track of all threads I have replied to - sometimes people follow up on their thread days after they get a response, and it may easily get lost. The original page shown after following the Discussions link was absolutely crucial for me to keep track of all threads I have been involved with.

Currently, the Discussions page (pointing to the "Your stuff" tab in my profile - I do not remember if it was the same page before - for some reason I believe it was a different page but I may be wrong here) shows only the threads I have started myself. It does not list the threads I have responded to. There is no way I can track several discussions I have replied to this way

Also the popup box that shows every time you hover your cursor over a poster's name has changed. This box, too, originally showed a set of links of threads the poster has been active in, regardless of whether he/she opened them or responded to them. Currently, this popup is either empty or, again, contains only posts the poster has started him/herself.

Did anyone other notice this change? Dan, is it possible to revert to the old style of things here? At least the original Discussion page should be brought back.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Peter

34 Replies 34

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Peter,

There was originally problems between May and June

• Leaderboards stopped updating
  • Latest discussions wouldnt show up on mouse over

The Leaderboards updating was corrected in the following days, but there was still problems

• Points/Average Rating didnt match the actual points (and still seems to be the case)

To my understanding when they enabled rating of Documents, Blogs, etc the Leaderboards was changed also

• Answered questions was removed from the Leaderboard tables

So to me it seem that there is still problems with how the point averages are calculated. Also the Latest Discussions missing when you mouse over your profile name.

Here are some related discussions to the above

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2222198?tstart=0

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2198352?tstart=0

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2224296?tstart=0

- Jouni

Hello Jouni,

Thanks for responding. You are right - I am noticing problems with "Current Month" ratings in the leaderboards (they seem not to have been reset to 0 on July 1st).

Hmm, I wonder if anyone is looking into these issues, as they seem to be persisting for some time as you have indicated.

Best regards,

Peter

Peter and Jouni,

We are aware of the issues and have attempted a fix.  The average ratings and "your content" issues have been resolved.  However, we are still trying to identify why the monthly leaderboards haven't reset as well as the profile hover-over.  As soon as I hear from our development team I'll let you know.

I really do appolgozie for the rating issues that have cropped up.  Please be assured no one has lost points.  The issue is isolated to the leaderboards.  Your profile will always show an accurate count.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hello Dan,

Thank you very much for responding.

The average ratings and "your content" issues have been resolved.

That is great to know. Has the fix been deployed already? Check this URL:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/people/paluchpeter?view=discussions

There are still only those discussions listed I have started, not the discussions I have joined.

Please be assured no one has lost points.

I am not worried about the points - I believe I am speaking for most, if not all of us, that first and foremost we are to help and learn from each other, not to hunt for points I have only commented on Jouni's findings - that I seem to see the same issue.

Thank you very much for all the help!

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Under your "recent actvivity" and "stuff" I see conversations you started as well as replied to.  Are you seeing something different?

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hello Dan,

That is a different page than the one I am talking about. The page you are referring to indeed works but it is not what I am looking for - it contains only a limited list of threads I have been involved with.

I am absolutely sure that the Account > Discussions link, in my case:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/people/paluchpeter?view=discussions

(you need to copy and paste this link into your browser - CSC sanitizes this URL in such a way that it removes the "?view=discussions" parameter so simply clicking on it will not download the desired page)

had originally shown all threads I have both created and joined. After all, one of headings on this page says: "Below is a list of discussions you have started or have participated in." However, now it shows only threads I have started.

Can this page be brought to its original mode of operation? Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Now I understand.  My guess is this is related to the hover-over problem which is still being investigated.  Once I get an update I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

Thank you very much!

In fact, I have discovered yet another glitch on CSC in the Search function. I wanted to locate an older post of mine using some keywords, so I've entered them to the "Search the Support Community" and on the next page, I wanted to limit the list of search results just to those related to my account. However, when I started to type in my CCO username into the "Restrict to a specific person" field, the only user that pops up is the paluchpeter_netacad which is my special account necessary for NetAcad Maintenance Program but that is otherwise unused. Under normal circumstances, I would have been able to select my own account listed by my first and last name - but that one is not currently listed at all.

Can you confirm that the same happens to you? See the attached screenshot.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I do see your user ID when I do the same search (see screenshot).  It might have to do with the search index build we recently did.  Can you type in your full user ID and hit return to see if only your threads show up?  I'm leaving for vacation today but will have someone from our team follow this thread.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

Now I can see myself listed. Perhaps it was just a bad timing during the time you went through the index build. By the way, I have tried to enter my full user ID but it was apparently ignored.

So far, we can consider this to be an isolated incident. I will let you know if it occurs again.

Thank you very much - and enjoy your vacation! It is well deserved.

Best regards,

Peter

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Dan,

Now I understand.  My guess is this is related to the hover-over problem  which is still being investigated.  Once I get an update I'll let you  know.

Just curious - any news from the development team about the missing entries in the list of joined discussions? Thanks!

Best regards,

Peter

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Peter and Jouni,

We have fixed the Accts > Discussion behavior in last nights release.  You should now see both discussions started and the ones you have replied to.  Apologize for the length of time it took to address this.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

We have fixed the Accts > Discussion behavior in last nights  release.  You should now see both discussions started and the ones you  have replied to.

Hmmm... I am sorry but I do not believe I see any change. Please have a look at the following screenshot taken on September 1st at 04:50am GMT+2. I still see only the discussions I have started myself and not the discussions I have joined.

Am I perhaps missing something?

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Not sure what happened here.  Having IT investigate.  Does the hover-over work for you?  That seems to work on my end.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links