Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting External Antennas to Cisco 819 Router

alessandro.s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i apologize if i'm posting in the wrong section.....

i have a Cisco 819 4G LTE Router (C819HG-4G-G-K9) and i'd like to connect it  to an outdoor external antenna using a 50ft. cable.

I checked the available options in router datasheet but i'm so confused about the way to interconnect cables,anntennas and lightning arrestor 'cause i did not find an option to match the right connector type from router WWAN interface to antenna.

Can someone give me some suggestions?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can always extend the connectors but that will also give you loss. I don't think Cisco makes extension cable unless its an N type connector. If its a different connector, you would have to get a custom cable made.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can always extend the connectors but that will also give you loss. I don't think Cisco makes extension cable unless its an N type connector. If its a different connector, you would have to get a custom cable made.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott, thankyou for replying, i'll check for hand made low-loss cable and then i'll test the performance.

Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

mmangat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Before you install the Cisco 819 ISR on a table,  wall, or DIN rail, install the antennas on the front panel. It is  difficult to install the antennas after the router is installed. Check the following cisco doc for more details.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/800/819/hardware/install/guide/install.html#wp1059884

Hi Mantej,
thanks for your suggestions, in my case i just have 4g antennas on router back side, i'll use wireless installing an external cisco 1262n ap

best regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card