Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect won't install Linux Ubuntu 13.04

sgiavasis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm trying to install the AnyConnect VPN client on Linux (Ubuntu 13.04) and I've downloaded the vpnsetup.sh script for installation. After granting it permission and running the shell script in terminal, I get this error message:

Installing Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client ...
./vpnsetup.sh: 1: ./vpnsetup.sh: hdid: not found
./vpnsetup.sh: 35: ./vpnsetup.sh: installer: not found

I think the install process is pretty straightforward and I can't think of anything as to why this could be happening. Please let me know what you think.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nottheoilrig
Level 1
Level 1

I also need to connect to my office Cisco AnyConnect VPN from Ubuntu 13.04. I installed the "network-manager-openconnect-gnome" package with the Ubuntu package manager and it works well. To configure it (after it is installed) I went to the network menu in the menu bar (where I normally choose my wireless network) and selected "VPN Connections" and then "Configure VPN..."  To install the package you can use the Ubuntu Software Center and search for "network-manager-openconnect-gnome", or you can use the terminal and type "sudo apt-get install network-manager-openconnect-gnome"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nottheoilrig
Level 1
Level 1

I also need to connect to my office Cisco AnyConnect VPN from Ubuntu 13.04. I installed the "network-manager-openconnect-gnome" package with the Ubuntu package manager and it works well. To configure it (after it is installed) I went to the network menu in the menu bar (where I normally choose my wireless network) and selected "VPN Connections" and then "Configure VPN..."  To install the package you can use the Ubuntu Software Center and search for "network-manager-openconnect-gnome", or you can use the terminal and type "sudo apt-get install network-manager-openconnect-gnome"

Yes, for Ubutunu OpenConnect is the first choice!

Michael

Please rate all helpful posts

Michael Please rate all helpful posts

This worked! I can connect using OpenConnect now.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: