Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Emergency Responder and Microsoft Lync

gregorysco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a customer that has CUCM and CER, but they are also doing Microsoft Lync SIP Phones in a number of locations on the same site. Lync is connected to CUCM via a SIP trunk. I am wondering what (if any) possibilities there are to route accurately 911 calls from Lync phones via the appropriate ERL through CER.

CUCM 7.1.5 upgrading to 9.1

CER 7.1 upgrading to 9.1

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, this is not possible as Lync will not be discovered by CER as it is not registered to CUCM, nor using CDP. I don't think subnet based tracking would work either.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, this is not possible as Lync will not be discovered by CER as it is not registered to CUCM, nor using CDP. I don't think subnet based tracking would work either.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I was hoping that there would be something not so abvious that I might be able to "hang my hat on", but as you identified, there's really nothing to associate to. Thanks,

What about Manually Configured Phones which relies solely on the ANI of the calling party? It's at least worth a shot. One gotcha I can see here though is that Lync loves E.164 and CER doesn't support the plus character yet. You would need to localize the CgPI before the call arrives at CER.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.